Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'94 E320 (just over 112k mi.)
96 Posts
Great article, thanks for posting.

It seems to take a more negative view of the quality of interior components than any other review I've read:

"Interior bits- door panels, headliners, b-pillar covers and dashboards- should be checked. These items were not made very well when new..."

I've always read that very high quality materials were used. I can understand the dash cracking, but I wonder what they're comparing it to and what they consider good quality door panels, etc. W123 door panels? They all have that bunched up vinyl around the panel edges and door frames. At least the 124 solved that issue.

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
My experience shows that the '90 and up face-lifted interiors are vastly superior to the earlier models. The door panels have better retainer clips and the dashes are less prone to cracking amongst a whole bunch of other improvements.

·
Registered
W124
5,175 Posts
Yes was a fun read and it confirms all of what is written about these cars on this forum. They did overdo it on the "plastic parts" and interior topic but maybe the author comes from the "metal era", in which case, I can understand his point of view. Odd they didn't mention anything about transmission problems though. No excuse for overlooking that one if they claimed the cars would go to 500k with normal maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts