Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
E280 W124
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 1995 E280. I understand the W124's had a stereo amplifier located at various places during the model runs (boot, under the seat etc). I was wondering where mine is located exactly and what does it look like,since I am not exactly sure what I am looking for. Can anyone help?

Also, thinking of upgrading the amp. If anyone has upgraded their amplifier where have you positioned your new ones?

Cheers

Jon

·
Registered
W210 E55 AMG
24 Posts
Hm..

W124 factory cars did not have a stero amp besides the one which is in the radio unit.

·
Registered
1991 230E w124
40 Posts
Actually some did actually have a separate amp unit. Apparently some were fitted with a Bose amp in the trunk, while others had a Becker amp (which looked like a headunit without buttons).

For example, the Becker 1432 - which I know for a fact were factory-fitted in some 124s - consisted of the headunit which had the amp, and a separate tuner unit in the trunk (again, this looked like a headunit without buttons). Since the 1432 could control the BE780 CD changer, it made the CD changer installation easier because when Mercedes-Benz fitted the CD changer, it was fitted in the trunk and was wired to the amp which was already in the trunk, thus eliminating the need to go back all the way to the headunit.

Actually, that paragraph probably wasn't exactly related to the question since you're looking for the amp, not the tuner. But its knowledge anyways ... and there's no such thing as extra knowledge!

·
Registered
93' 300D 2.5T
44 Posts
in my 1993 300D it is located in the trunk on the right side by the wheel well.
check out this link jsut posted this having trouble with the wiring diagram also.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1253627

·
Registered
1994 E320
34 Posts
I have a 94 E320 and my amp is located under the SRS plate in the passenger footwell. No Becker anything in my trunk and there does seem to be a lot of inconsistent info floating around all the boards w/r to speaker sizes and locations..

edit..holy hell that was a 7 year old post..im an idiot.

·
Registered
2013 E350 sedan, 2013 E350 cab, 1993 400E sold,1999 ML320
2,424 Posts
In my 93 they are in the trunk under the carpet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts