Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a harmless little info thread, you never know when it might come in handy. An Illustrated guide with part numbers for identification and restoration of your 124 series engine bay labels.

W124-Sticker-Guide.jpg

KEY

1: Engine bay - expansion tank pressure warning, white/red: 123 584 93 21

2: Engine bay - brake master cylinder 'Girling' type, yellow/black: 003 430 36 30

2B: Engine bay - brake master cylinder 'Lucas' type, white/black: 004 430 16 30

3: Engine bay - high voltage warning, yellow/red, late version: 210 584 00 47

3B: Engine bay - high voltage warning, same as above but early version: 123 884 (or 684?) 93 21

4: Engine bay - battery warning, yellow/black: 107 584 13 38

5: Engine bay - battery jump-start warning (dealer applied, 1993 on): S 2580 092 (no. on sticker, is it a PN?)

6: Engine bay - hydraulic fluid reservoir blue/white: 000 584 43 21

7: Slam panel MB/AMG/Mobil (dealer-applied during oil service, random location) 202 584 0238

8: Slam panel (left side) - SRS warning, white/red: 129 584 01 02

9: VIN plate

10: Build plate with option codes

11: Slam panel (right side) - A/C info, red/white 124 835 00 88

12: Slam panel (right side) - Engine spec. / spark plug spec. M111 engines only. EUROPE 124 584 37 46

12B: Slam Panel (right side) - Emissions spec. 300 E, SE, SEL, CE only. NORTH AMERICA 124 584 11 26

NOTE: I have also made a sister thread with the aim of compiling as much information as possible for all the OEM stickers found throughout the range, in the engine bay and cabin or on the body and windows. Looking for pics, part numbers or any sources of reproductions or NOS. Please contribute anything you have - especially any stickers specific to the North American market models, the Cabriolet and last but never least, the AMG tuned cars. Any original dealer service or window stickers welcome too. Please visit:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w124-e-ce-d-td-class/1621865-124-series-decals-stickers-labels-restoration.html

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
mods should put this in the DIY sticky.. thanks by the way, i thought I was the only one ocd enough to have all the proper stickers :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Moth I have a fully restored 560sec and was wondering if all or most stickers are the same or similar on 1989 560sec so my question is are they still available through Mercedes benz with the serial numbers

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hello:

I have a 8500 mile 500E that I documented, it will be a while but I can get you the pics. I also bought a lot of AMG stickers/decals from a Mercedes dealer in AT. Most of the stuff was/is unavailable. Got the invoice and part numbers.
I also have the window sticker for my car.

THANKS for your effort in creating this thread.

Kind Regards,

Ron

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello danbran.

I have to admit I haven't had the pleasure of being up close with any SEC's yet (hopefully that day will come) so I can't tell you. I am sure that several stickers found on early 124's were shared throughout the range, but you'd have to find another SEC for reference ideally. You could request info on the forum for your car and I'm sure you'd get some help - the information would then be there for others to find when they are bringing a mighty SEC back to life as you have.

Some part numbers are still available from the dealers - it's worth trying the ones you need. The main 124 stickers thread (in the DIY sticky) has more info from others on what is and isn't available currently, and includes stickers from all over the car - filler flap, interior etc.

Good luck, post a link to your SEC sticker thread here if you make one...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello:

I have a 8500 mile 500E that I documented, it will be a while but I can get you the pics. I also bought a lot of AMG stickers/decals from a Mercedes dealer in AT. Most of the stuff was/is unavailable. Got the invoice and part numbers.
I also have the window sticker for my car.
Hello Ron.

That sounds like the perfect car to document. How many 124's have fewer than 10,000 miles? It must be the nearest thing to a new one that remains.

It would be very good to have your pictures, there are no 500E's featured in the main thread yet. Sounds as if the labels will be in very clean condition, and clear to see.

I hope you get the chance to add the part numbers of anything you managed to obtain via a dealer - that would be very useful for other restorers.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w124...storation.html

Thanks a lot,

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts