40,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty cool

Attachments

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,378 Posts
All it needs now is a camper shell to protect whatever stuff is put in the bed of the trunk from the 5-finger discount shopping crowd.

·
Registered
1993 300E, 2003 996 Turbo X50
624 Posts
Yeah its definitely a 300te pickup. Pretty cool actually, looks well done. Wonder if he retained the sls, im sure the handling leaves something to be desired.

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
Those whitewalls and cheesy chromed headlight surrounds make that thing look a bit too much like a Dodge Rampage. It's nicely executed though

·
Registered
'04 G500, '00 E55 AMG, '90 300TE 4Matic, '82 240D
1,953 Posts
huh, missed opportunity a Zebra wood bed! :D

·
Registered
94 E320 Estate
63 Posts
All it needs now is a camper shell to protect whatever stuff is put in the bed of the trunk from the 5-finger discount shopping crowd.
the funny thing is,it already had a much better "camper shell" before and with as much space(except upwards of course,no roof).

what i'm wondering is,do the rear doors work?,..and how much has the rigidity been affected?(rear doors are probably welded shut for this).

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,709 Posts
Not so easy. Good pickups are not imported to US and you are stuck with domestic crap.
Not to mention that the first in this Century Ford truck with so far good reliability has a sticker with over 70 grands.
I do own Ford Superduty and small trailer that I pull behind Mercedes for smaller loads.
Couple years ago ebay listed W210 pickup. It was a gasser and went for pretty hefty price. Suppose there is a good number of them around the World.
I drove VW pickups for years, but the 44 HP engine was really annoying.

·
Registered
W124
5,169 Posts
Looks like a flower car used for funerals. What a waste of a black interior 124. I'll bet the rear wheels spin well on acceleration with all the weight that was removed from the rear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I still have a VW Pickup. The original Rabbit 1.5L diesel Rabbit had 48hp. When they went to 1.6L on the diesel it had 52. Still enough power to get a speeding ticket going uphill on hwy 17 providing you're willing to downshift. Acceleration going uphill once the speed dropped(because of traffic) is another story. The latter is one reason why mine has a turbo motor.

·
Registered
W124
5,169 Posts
I still have a VW Pickup. The original Rabbit 1.5L diesel Rabbit had 48hp. When they went to 1.6L on the diesel it had 52. Still enough power to get a speeding ticket going uphill on hwy 17 providing you're willing to downshift. Acceleration going uphill once the speed dropped(because of traffic) is another story. The latter is one reason why mine has a turbo motor.

Geez, my Triumph Bonneville has 47hp. I should be thankful.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You should be. :D

You realize that you're still way down on power compared to a harley don't you? Of course you're not hauling around an extra ton of chrome as most harleys are, and actually have some cornering ability(compared to the typical harley) on that Bonneville.

·
Registered
W124
5,169 Posts
You should be. :D

You realize that you're still way down on power compared to a harley don't you? Of course you're not hauling around an extra ton of chrome as most harleys are, and actually have some cornering ability(compared to the typical harley) on that Bonneville.
LOL Yes, the Bonnie is nimble - it helps to keep up the speed. But the torque of that twin is amazing. I can leave it in fourth and roll on the throttle if I get lazy. They called them "120s" because they were supposed to be capable of 120mph. Maybe that would be true downhill following a runaway train...

But trying to stay on topic, if the choice was this pickup or a Harley, I would reluctantly take the Harley - that pickup is so hideous.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,709 Posts
I've been using MB wagons in my construction business for years .
W210 was very good, where with folded seats I cut plywood with edge trims to keep the trash from soiling tan interior. With the size of the wagon, I could put a door inside and close the latch.
Such a pickup would be something I could really use

1 - 18 of 18 Posts