Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This job was done some years ago to my M103 . My question is ,, do i need to re gap the spark plugs .The heads been ground .I have read some place that the plug gaps have to changed after this is done .Need to know the gap size ...

·
Premium Member
1995 E320 Wagon
77 Posts
I wouldn't re-gap, spin the engine by hand (27mm socket for front crank bolt) if nothing hits, youre fine.

This job was done some years ago to my M103 . My question is ,, do i need to re gap the spark plugs .The heads been ground .I have read some place that the plug gaps have to changed after this is done .Need to know the gap size ...

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
124.092 Not my question .The cars been running for 24 years on original type of plugs, that do come pre gaped .And no fear of piston hitting the spark plugs .But for engine running,performance , after the head is ground i have read anout owners regaping the plugs making the gap smaller .Or vice versa .Thanks for your reply .

·
Premium Member
1995 E320 Wagon
77 Posts
124.092 Not my question .The cars been running for 24 years on original type of plugs, that do come pre gaped .And no fear of piston hitting the spark plugs .But for engine running,performance , after the head is ground i have read anout owners regaping the plugs making the gap smaller .Or vice versa .Thanks for your reply .
Gap to 0.030
Can you show us what what articles you came across that mention the regap?

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
124.092 Some time back ...And it looks like it will have to stop as it is with the normal gap .No one knows by the look of it . There must be hundreds of members that have had M103 heads skimmed . The gap should be 0.8 in new money .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts