Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
OK, that’s just weird. In post #44, you verified continuity between white/black and orange/black, white and orange with no button press, and 3 second open/discontinuity with a button pressed. Those 2 contacts are connected in series by the connection between orange and orange/black. You sure you’ve described the action between the white/black and orange black accurately, because what you’ve described is exactly opposite of what I expected. Should have been continuity beep with no button press, then no continuity beep for 3 seconds with a button press.
Let me go over it again tonight after work. About 9pm eastern for you hehhe. I'll video my steps.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I guess in my post #44 I don't see where I talked about a white/black and an orange/black. I talked about a white and white/black, and then talked about a yellow/black and "an" orange. I tried both the orange and the orange/black with that yellow/black. (This was before I saw that one of the oranges had a black stripe on it, so I tried both).

I can't do a video after all, too difficult to hold it and do all this.

Anyways, I redid everything from post 40 with same results on all fronts.
I redid everything from post 41. When I do yellow/black and orange, the continuity on the screen says "1". And silent. When I hit unlock the module clicks twice....display reads "1". No tone. When I hit lock, module clicks once, display still says '1', and I get a tone for 3 seconds.

I redid the jumper stuff from post 45. Same results.

I redid the stuff from 58. Same results.

·
Moderately subtle
12,055 Posts
Ok, the orange and orange/black are wired together, right? So it shouldn't matter which we use to measure.
I am most puzzled by the white/black to orange (or orange/black) reading. It should be closed (continuity beep) normally and opened for 3 seconds on depressing unlock. That was what I was asking about, sorry I should have pointed right at it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
When i do white/black and an orange it is continupusly beeping. When i hit unlock it stops for 3 seconds..then resumes beeping.

·
Moderately subtle
12,055 Posts
Yesssss!
That seems opposite of what you stated in post 59 and is why I was confused.
Want this thing to work in this car?
The orange/black and white/black wires will need to be swapped in the plug. The pin is latched into the plug, but most have access to that latch that you can press with a paper clip or small pin while tugging on the wires, it'll be exposed in a small slot on the plug body. If you have difficulty, just get some good shots of all sides of the plug and we can figure out how to unlatch the pins from it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Yesssss!
That seems opposite of what you stated in post 59 and is why I was confused.
Want this thing to work in this car?
The orange/black and white/black wires will need to be swapped in the plug. The pin is latched into the plug, but most have access to that latch that you can press with a paper clip or small pin while tugging on the wires, it'll be exposed in a small slot on the plug body. If you have difficulty, just get some good shots of all sides of the plug and we can figure out how to unlatch the pins from it.
Dear God it works!!!
Can't thank you enough for your expertise and patience with me!
I don't know if the factory messed the harness up or what but hopefully this helps others as well!
Can I Paypal you anything? Case of beer worth?
On to wiring it to the taillights and maybe the horn for panic but thats later.
I can now tidy it up and heat shrink my wires and tape them as a redundancy. Then carpet flapped back and seats in.
I can now call you No More Dread Ed!

Dave

·
Moderately subtle
12,055 Posts
Thanks, but just pay it forward next time you see something on here that you know about or have been through before. Very happy it worked out for you.

Of course, now we have to get one for the other car......

:)

61 - 68 of 68 Posts