Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1991 E-class 60,005miles
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to open this things up, i need to replace my bulbs.. They are blown. I search this site and other mercedes forums and nobody has any proper direction on how to open them and replace the bulbs in them. I need it in DIY style cause i found something similar, i read it but it didn't help, the instructions stopped at removeing it from the headliner, there were no instructions on opening up the Dome light and replaceing the bulbs. Pictures would be a plus in this matter..

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,388 Posts
Following the red arrow....if I remember correctly it hinges open so that you can replace the bulbs. While you've gone to all the trouble, clean the sensor and vent for the cabin temperature.

Kevin

·
Registered
1991 E-class 60,005miles
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Following the red arrow....if I remember correctly it hinges open so that you can replace the bulbs. While you've gone to all the trouble, clean the sensor and vent for the cabin temperature.

Kevin
Kevin, thanks!!!

Have any you guys put LED bulbs in your car? If so, where did u buy your bulbs?

·
Registered
1991 E-class 60,005miles
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, i was able to open up the dome light, and change one of the bulbs but the small one i cant remove it. Does anyone know how to remove that small bulb? The one that has that small square area?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Control panel assembly removal (dome light)

How did you remove the control panel from the car? I need to change a bulb also.

·
Registered
1999 C280
898 Posts
92500e do a search function and you will find tons of threads on how to do this. It is pressure fitted and pulls out but there is a process and cheater tools that make it easy.

Mark

·
Registered
1995 E320 sedan, 1991 Porsche 964, 2004 Porsche 986
450 Posts
I used a small flatbladed screwdriver to pull it open from the short edge, very carefully. Then I was able to fix the seatbelt reminder faceplate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts