Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm planing on doing a E500 conversion to a E420. I have some questions about the body work. Will the wide fenders bold on a E420? and what other parts are needed?

·
Sith Lord
11,813 Posts
Cosmetic differences include wider fenders, and a specific front bumper with fog lights.

Note that the interior of the E500 is a 2+2, only 2 seats in the back separated by a center console.

Please complete your profile with your car model and location in order for members to better assist you.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Hi I'm planing on doing a E500 conversion to a E420. I have some questions about the body work. Will the wide fenders bold on a E420? and what other parts are needed?
Actually it sounds like you just want to make your e420 look like an e500 right? Even if that is the goal, you have a lot of parts to buy. The front valance has be be changed, the front fenders too. Also, the rear quarter panels are different as is the rear valance. I believe the cladding on the front and rear quarters is also different from your e420. Additionally, the rockers are boxed - something the e420 didn't have. When all of this is done, you will have a weird looking e420 unless you bolt on some 8 inch wide wheels. If you want the look of an e500 you will need the 16x8 wheels M/B used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts