Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately my roads are better suited to my ML430 than the E320 with lowered and stiffened springs at present, so the W124 stands in the garage, reversing out every month for a wash.

Is there any (besides battery) maintenance I should do to keep this FANTASTIC car in good shape under these conditions?? I really LOVE this car and will be hard pressed to sell it for any amount..

I have put Magnatec oil in, which will help when the engine has been standing for extended periods.

Oh I just wish they would fix my road... I see it is starting to leak oil :mad: come to think it has always seeped oil from the valve timing actuator on the front of the engine, is this an o-ring??

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Park the car up on Styrofoam blocks to prevent flat spots on the tires, put all the windows down just a little bit, top off the gas/petrol, add fuel stabilizer then start the car and let it run once every 3-4 weeks, for between 45 minutes and 1 hour (needs to be up to operating temp, otherwise you are just killing the engine and exhaust system).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts