Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys im new to this forum i got recomended here through a good friend, i currently own a 1994 Mercedes E320 2D Coupe (W124)
I love my car inside and out, the original engine itself has 186,000 Miles on it, it is Imerial Red, the Interior is in 9/10 condition (floor mats dirty), I bought the car in good condition, but i restored it to AWESOME condition, i Just need help pricing the car because i want to sell it but i dont know how much its worth, because i cant find ANY!, i found one on autotrader going for $27,000 but it has 17k original miles.
so here is some more info and i hope someone can give me a good estimate of how much my car is worth.

1994 Mercedes E320 Coupe
Imperial Red, Tan interior
AT transmission
17" Original E420 sport wheels
Taillight upgrade, corner light upgrade
Grill upgrade, Front emblem upgrade
Sound system upgrade, JVC headunit 12" kicker Avionix amplifier
Color matched Trunk Lip Spoiler
Tinted Windows
-Have over $22,000 in maintenance records ( yes this car runs veryy smooth)
-now as a Seller im trying rlly hard not to lie about anything that needs to be done to the car, but it is in beautifl running condition, change the oil every 3000 Miles, Trans shifts like a beauty, engine purs softly,
- i need to change a tie rod for my drivers side (which i will do soon)

and thats about it, so please help me guys how much is my car worth roughly? any questions feel free to ask

here are some pics to see the condition a bit more hope u guys like it :p

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,978 Posts
Hey, Your Coupe looks great!! I'm don't normally care for red colors, but this one is very nice.

That being said, I don't think you'll get back anywhere close to what you have spent to restore it. I've got a 92 CE myself which is not restored, but in decent original condition.

As much as I like my CE I'd never invest $22K to maintain and/or restore. I don't beleive there is a good market for CE's with a high price tag.

I went to autotrader and checked out the one you mentioned, there is no way I would ever invest that much money in a CE of any year, with any amount miles on it.

For that kind of money your competing with someones next level of dream car, whatever it is. For me, a $27K purchase would not be a mid 90's 124 coupe in any flavor.

Depending upon your personal interests, a very low milage 500E, a 02 Silver Bullet, a later model AMG E55, maybe a nice S55, a real nice C6 Vette, etc etc, whatever... Your competion at that level of pricing is pretty stiff.....

Here's what you can get on Autotrader for $27K or less, and all low milage cars

Cars for Sale: 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E in PASADENA, CA 91101: Sedan Details - 284224740 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe in WAKEFIELD, MA 01880: Coupe Details - 283144971 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Convertible in Orlando, FL 32807: Convertible Details - 288604538 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2002 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Roadster Convertible in TAMPA, FL 33609: Convertible Details - 277950396 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2005 BMW M3 Convertible in TAMPA, FL 33602: Convertible Details - 289520188 - AutoTrader.com

Back to your pricing question, a CE with this many miles is tough to price with any amount of restoring. Part of what you've invested is maintaining the car, you don't get back much extra on that, your just keeping it in excellent condition. Clean retail is a little over $5K, getting more than that would require you finding the "right" buyer, and I think the target market for 124 CE's is limited.

I'd guess somewhere between $5K and $10K with the right buyer. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
1989 560 SEC - V-8 Kompressor - 95 E320 Estate
2,005 Posts
I have an 89 in excellent+ condition. Lots of maintenance etc. Body and interior near perfect. Everyone that has seen or ridden in the car can't believe how nice it is or that it is 21 years old. Mine is the metallic charcoal black with (265) light tan interior. All stock w/ 160k miles. NW car, no rust etc. I would be happy to get $4,000 for mine. I watch these all the time on CL etc. I think $5k is probably a realistic #. Haven't seen anyone up here ask over $6k for a couple of years. Too many modern Mercedes etc. on the market. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heyy Thanks for the reply guys rlly appreciate the help, Ohollenbock i didnt invest $23,000 in the car that would be insane lol, i have records that add up to $23,000 since 1999 haha, but i was thinking roughly about that range also 6-8 thousand.

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,978 Posts
GLWS

Heyy Thanks for the reply guys rlly appreciate the help, Ohollenbock i didnt invest $23,000 in the car that would be insane lol, i have records that add up to $23,000 since 1999 haha, but i was thinking roughly about that range also 6-8 thousand.
As we've already said, your market is narrow, those who know and appreciate our coupes also understand all their quirks and comparitive value.

I agree with "Magic" about how they have devalued since the economy has tanked. I paid 5 for mine, two years ago, and doubt I could get that back even though it's in very good overall condition. Mech/electricly mine is a 9 with 150K miles, and all major item rebuilt. The interior is also a 9, the exterior I would downgrade to a 7 with hood and trunk paint crazed from the CA sun over the years. Surprising to me is that I saw several CE's sold on line this year around or under $4K.

Anyway your CE is really nice looking, it's very evident that you've taken pride in it's appearance. I hope you can find it a good home...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts