Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
Current, 90 300CE, 92 400E (Sold 95 E320,70 250C, 91 190 2.6, 91 420 SEL, 95 300D, 87 TD)
1,691 Posts
It's only original once.
We have guys like you that keep it original. Which is super cool. And we have the "other" people that don't.

I'm not a big fan of hydraulics and lowriders.
But the time and effort they put into things like their paint job are absolutely amazing! It may not be very tasteful or maybe too loud for me but I respect the time and effort they put into it and the different things they do.
I think car culture is a personal thing and what may be right for you is not right for everybody!

There's always something that makes your car yours. I don't mind era correct modifications like an AMG bumper or maybe bigger wheels from different chassis. But I prefer the overall stock look also..maybe more European looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
We have guys like you that keep it original. Which is super cool. And we have the "other" people that don't.

But the time and effort they put into things like their paint job are absolutely amazing! It may not be very tasteful or maybe too loud for me but I respect the time and effort they put into it and the different things they do.
I think car culture is a personal thing and what may be right for you is not right for everybody!

There's always something that makes your car yours. I don't mind era correct modifications like an AMG bumper or maybe bigger wheels from different chassis. But I prefer the overall stock look also..maybe more European looking.
I remember I made almost $300 of those headlights. It enabled me to buy newer headlights and tail lights. They originals were ok but imo I like the clear ones better, I also saw turbo bandit happened to own the same headlights. Again I respect everyones preference, most people I talk to on this forum have owned these cars for decades. I have owned my first car which happens to be a w124 for about 2 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

I am also not a fan of lowriders lol. As you stated the car community would be nothing without variety. I respect you guys for keeping the cars as close to when the rolled out of that factory and I respect people who improve the cars dynamics in each aspect creating their custom ride that suits them.

·
Premium Member
Current, 90 300CE, 92 400E (Sold 95 E320,70 250C, 91 190 2.6, 91 420 SEL, 95 300D, 87 TD)
1,691 Posts
I had H&R springe and monoblocks (flaky chrome though) on my old E320 (Yuma,AZ railroad away from home terminal Car)
At one time it was the nicest away from home car there was! But the extreme heat was killing it sitting out in the sun while I wasn't there. And it's very hard to work on a car away from your tools. The poor thing was neglected and I feel guilty.

#Never chrome Mercedes wheels!

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Having worked in a tire shop before, never chrome ANY wheels.

Chrome anything is so ... blase and over done anyway.
That’s why I have deleted most of it by vinyl wrap or plasti-dip on the exterior, personally I think some chrome touches look good in the interior like the door handles and my locks, i have seen some over done w124s where everything is chrome inside and out and yeah it just doesn’t fit the car imo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice ride bro... im all about upgrading and I'm a big MB guy myself ... i have a 2007 CLS550 and I just bought a 2002 S Class S55 AMG...
20200503_165510.jpg
20200504_195419.jpg
20200504_195419.jpg
20200504_195419.jpg
20200503_165510.jpg
20200504_195419.jpg

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

Retro fit yellow fog bulbs.

Nice, are you doing a facelift conversion or is that a replacement bumper with the black strip from a 300e?

·
Registered
94E320 99CLK320 01CLK430 02ML55
3 Posts
That’s a used bumper from 300e. The stock white one was all cracked and ugly. I like the black and white two tone look better personally.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts