Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mine only has one mod; wheels, with 215/55R16 Michelin Premier AS.

I like that they look factory.
Looks good, if I had an e420 probably would modify the living hell out of it. Till taking corners in it is the most easy thing that car can do, why don’t you put those amazing bilsteins and h&r springs in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,371 Posts
Let us know how long those China specials last before yellowing/clouding or fogging up.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Let us know how long those China specials last before yellowing/clouding or fogging up.
Lol I know plastic headlight have that issue, i think putting plastic clear headlight tint will protect them, from yellowing. Would rather change them every 6 years than have the oem headlights on the car.

·
Registered
1995 E320
2,544 Posts
Everyone has their opinions and I respect yours, but the oem lights were not it for me, they were dated and made the car look to old for my liking, these new ones freshen up the look and look amazing with bright leds that are designed for reflector enclosures, only issue I am having is trying to find a good h3 white led fog light, each one I find sucks and isn’t nearly as bright as the halogen ones in my car, right now there are some cheap eBay led fog lights installed, the high/low beam are some high end amazon led set:

I'm not knocking your choice, it's your car, i'm stating my preference.

Have you looked at headlight revolution on youtube?

I like the OE lights but absolutely detest the light output. (The pre facelift OE lights are pathetic by comparison though) My bike (Honda Africa Twin) has a fantastic LED headlight that is the new floor for me. It's bright, crisp and clear without being blinding. It's clear white with the teeniest hint of yellow to mimic natural light more.

I bought cheap LED aux lights from a vendor on advrider years ago and finally fitted them to my bike a few weeks ago; they make my headlight seem like the W124 lights. They project much further out (duh) but also light up the low side of the road much better. (I installed a spot light on the left, for distance, and a fog light on the right, for deer, road markings, etc)

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm not knocking your choice, it's your car, i'm stating my preference.

Have you looked at headlight revolution on youtube?

I like the OE lights but absolutely detest the light output. (The pre facelift OE lights are pathetic by comparison though) My bike (Honda Africa Twin) has a fantastic LED headlight that is the new floor for me. It's bright, crisp and clear without being blinding. It's clear white with the teeniest hint of yellow to mimic natural light more.

I bought cheap LED aux lights from a vendor on advrider years ago and finally fitted them to my bike a few weeks ago; they make my headlight seem like the W124 lights. They project much further out (duh) but also light up the low side of the road much better. (I installed a spot light on the left, for distance, and a fog light on the right, for deer, road markings, etc)
No I’m not offended l, thx for clarifying, I know you were just giving your opinion. I have also checked headlight revolution out, they solidified my decision. Also I have seen hids but my leds satisfy me now. If you were to get my head lights and put the same leds in them, you would probably say it’s worth the trade off.

·
Registered
1995 E320
2,544 Posts
Looks good, if I had an e420 probably would modify the living hell out of it. Till taking corners in it is the most easy thing that car can do, why don’t you put those amazing bilsteins and h&r springs in it?

I went back and edited; I forgot that I have Bilstein sports in it too.

I don't want to lower it because I have bigger than OE tires, on wider than OE wheels. I get the handling that I want without sacrificing ride comfort. If I were to do any more mods it would be the 500E rear swaybar and the sportline steering box.

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,371 Posts
I still think you would be way ahead financially if you had started with a 90s era Honda Civic. Modders/hackers heaven

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I went back and edited; I forgot that I have Bilstein sports in it too.

I don't want to lower it because I have bigger than OE tires, on wider than OE wheels. I get the handling that I want without sacrificing ride comfort. If I were to do any more mods it would be the 500E rear swaybar and the sportline steering box.
Those other mods are some great mods, I would love to do a 500e/limo/sport line sway bar conversion and sportline steering box upgrade!

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I still think you would be way ahead financially if you had started with a 90s era Honda Civic. Modders/hackers heaven
No, you are correct I would be. But I don’t want a 90s era Honda Civic, I am not looking for making this car a track car, all i want are any hp or torque gains on it ,I am fine with 230...240...250...260 or anything above. I like driving it around, a little more power would make it so much better. I am not trying to make it have a 0-60 of like 5 seconds I would just like to have it go from the 8 it feels like to at least the 7s. I know I could just trade my car for an e420 but I don’t want to i have come too far and can’t find any good ones near me, just neglected POS that are better off crushed.

·
Registered
1977 W123.123 1995 W124.034
3,868 Posts
Its comments like these and a member like YOU with a bad attitude which is driving people away from this forum. Not everyone can afford to keep their cars up to your standards and that's perfectly fine but the constant way in which you are putting others down isn't cool.

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,745 Posts
Let's keep this thread very, very friendly boys. All of us have different taste, budgets and expectations of what we want in automotive transportation. There are modifications done on cars that don't agree with my taste, but the effort and execution done by the owner are worth noting.

Jayare

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It's only original once.
Well when you replace a part for maintenance it probably isn’t the same quality coming out of the factory. Like when shit breaks you replace you don’t keep it original, these cars are 25 years old. If I had any car that didn’t have a single scratch on it and had like 1,000 miles on it I would keep it bone stock. But it basically was given to me with a biodegrading engine harness and I replaced it with a non original one that exceeded the quality of the original. You can keep thinking this car should stay the same as it was two and half decades ago, but I think to daily drive in this time it needs to be modified for me to enjoy. As I said this thread was made for modifications, literally says it in the title. If you don’t like that, go somewhere else. I find it funny that you think OTHER people should keep THEIR Cars original. Doesn’t that seem a little off to you?

·
W124 Moderator
12,745 Posts
Well when you replace a part for maintenance it probably isn’t the same quality coming out of the factory. Like when shit breaks you replace you don’t keep it original, these cars are 25 years old. If I had any car that didn’t have a single scratch on it and had like 1,000 miles on it I would keep it bone stock. But it basically was given to me with a biodegrading engine harness and I replaced it with a non original one that exceeded the quality of the original. You can keep thinking this car should stay the same as it was two and half decades ago, but I think to daily drive in this time it needs to be modified for me to enjoy. As I said this thread was made for modifications, literally says it in the title. If you don’t like that, go somewhere else. I find it funny that you think OTHER people should keep THEIR Cars original. Doesn’t that seem a little off to you?

I want you to reread my post. No soap boxes are called for or appreciated.

·
Registered
1977 W123.123 1995 W124.034
3,868 Posts
Let's keep this thread very, very friendly boys. All of us have different taste, budgets and expectations of what we want in automotive transportation. There are modifications done on cars that don't agree with my taste, but the effort and execution done by the owner are worth noting.

Jayare

It's also worth noting that a particular member is constantly talking down to other members and his behavior is always overlooked.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

It’s called standing for yourself. In real life people people don’t say stuff to your face the way they do over the internet. Sometimes I like to write a paragraph explaining my self or firing back hard.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I was wondering if anyone has installed led h3 fog lights that are actually bright, I have went through a couple of them and they all suck, they are not even closely as bright as my low beams. Here are some I have went through, the ones on my car right now are ok they are not terrible but not good either. They are the white ones.
Mediocre Led:

Crappy led:

Halogen:

Latest ok white LED:

·
W124 Moderator
12,745 Posts
I have yet seen anyone retro fit LED's that actually provide better light. Using our search tool will give you a showcase of members past efforts in this department.

Good luck

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I have yet seen anyone retro fit LED's that actually provide better light. Using our search tool will give you a showcase of members past efforts in this department.

Good luck

My head lights are definitely brighter than halogen bulbs, any of you could find. It’s newer technology, they are designed to fit in the reflector housing. I put them side by side with the factory ones. And did a personal road test they are brighter 100%. They are way brighter, high beams are laughably bright. My fog lights on the other hand are not brighter than the halogens. The led headlights are 12,000 lumens combined (6,000 each) while a 55w halogen can put out like 1500 lumens max each. I have looked through the forums thinking that led were useless in these cars but I just proved myself wrong. If you want to check them out, I highly recommend them here you go: Amazon.com: KATANA H4 9003 LED Headlight Bulbs - CREE Chips w/Adjustable Beam - 12000Lm 6500K Extremely Bright Conversion Kit: Automotive

21 - 40 of 54 Posts