Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I have been looking through BenzWorld and can't seem to find a similar thread so I decided to make one! I am very interested in peoples custom work and want to see what you guys have done to your W124s. I will also show some upgrades I did to my car. This thread is meant to show of aftermarket upgrades or custom modifications. Upload pics and have fun! Also, if you're against modifications and are for keeping the car original and stock please do not leave your hate or criticism, just move on. Here is a pic of my beautiful W124 to start this thread off:

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,745 Posts
Thank you, The rims are 16” Sport Edition F12s they are 16x6.5 with an offset of 40. Tires on them are Aspen Touring All Season 205/55/R16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is F12 the brand?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,745 Posts
I've already found them. Thank you and be safe out there.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 G550, 2000 SL500, 1995 E320 Cabriolet, 1980 TR8
1,230 Posts
Very nice! I really like the wheels you chose.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is mine... its a 95 E420 which I lowered on H&R springs with Bilstein B8 struts and W202 AMG Monoblocks.

View attachment 2632157

View attachment 2632158
Very clean looking car, is that paint factory? It looks amazing. E420 must be really fun to drive around with the menacing v8 and monoblocks are the way to go. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1977 W123.123 1995 W124.034
3,868 Posts
Very clean looking car, is that paint factory? It looks amazing. E420 must be really fun to drive around with the menacing v8 and monoblocks are the way to go. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. The PO had the car repainted a number of years ago and its going to need it again at some point in the next few years since there is some failure of the paint on the hood. The V8 really is the way to go on these cars. Ive had a few of the M103 powered cars and they are great cruisers but the effortless power from the V8 can't be beat.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. The PO had the car repainted a number of years ago and its going to need it again at some point in the next few years since there is some failure of the paint on the hood. The V8 really is the way to go on these cars. Ive had a few of the M103 powered cars and they are great cruisers but the effortless power from the V8 can't be beat.
The like my m104 but the m119 has more torque and power, which I could have that kind of power. I looked an turbos from turbo bandit and his kits cost $8,000 for 300-600hp, which would enable me to be faster than all the w124 v8s, it’s my dream to turbo it.

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,371 Posts
And for $8000 you can buy a newer gen fully depreciated V12 biturbo Mercedes (like the 220 or 215) that has turbos, air suspension, dynamic suspension without having to lift a finger other than break out the checkbook.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And for $8000 you can buy a newer gen fully depreciated V12 biturbo Mercedes (like the 220 or 215) that has turbos, air suspension, dynamic suspension without having to lift a finger other than break out the checkbook.
a wouldn’t be able to afford the maintenance on the car for more than a month, and when air suspension fails, I would have a luxury brick. I am not a fan of a newer s class reliability they are cool and all, but chew threw you wallet, basically rich people love em. If I was to do get local people around my city to make custom parts and build the kit my self buying eBay parts and many other things I will need, I think I would be able to achieve at least 300-500 hp from $4,000-6,000. Which is insane, but this is just and idea, probably not gonna ever do it, but if there was a alternative to add power to my car I would do it. The reason I don’t want to upgrade is cause I have all the nice features I would want in a car. ABS, a nice Clifford alarm system, remote start, an amazing speaker system, about to add a good CarPlay system with built in tpms, a reverse camera that doubles as a dash cam that is on my rear view mirror, basically all led lights, nice rims, near perfect ride quality, and many other things. So yeah if I was to get rid of my car for a s class I would have to restart everything.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Love those wheels. Not so much the lights.

I wonder what your car would look like with black cladding.
Everyone has their opinions and I respect yours, but the oem lights were not it for me, they were dated and made the car look to old for my liking, these new ones freshen up the look and look amazing with bright leds that are designed for reflector enclosures, only issue I am having is trying to find a good h3 white led fog light, each one I find sucks and isn’t nearly as bright as the halogen ones in my car, right now there are some cheap eBay led fog lights installed, the high/low beam are some high end amazon led set:

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Love those wheels. Not so much the lights.

I wonder what your car would look like with black cladding.
I am looking at amg generation 2 fiber glass body kits the c36 amg look. I am a fan of it. I want to match the cladding and lower panels with the rest of the car. I just can’t afford a $500 unpainted body kit right now. Got to deal with my cooling issue first.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts