Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! if got this kind of car and i dont know anything about it. The registration papers show only that the Make and model of the car Is Mercedes-Amg. Its been in here at the garage for 10 years so the mileage is very low 191tkm. I only Find this Hammer and 4-door sedans on the internet but this is Coupe. Yes and it has these amg stickers front of the engine and also at the trunk. Is there some old school manual to look or something? :D Sorry for the asking but when the car was produced i was 3 years old so... And there was an options list with the car and there was this code Amg-edition.

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
16,841 Posts
Post a pic of the data plate located on the cross member by the hood latch. The vin you gave is too short

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,917 Posts
Hi! if got this kind of car and i dont know anything about it. The registration papers show only that the Make and model of the car Is Mercedes-Amg. Its been in here at the garage for 10 years so the mileage is very low 191tkm. I only Find this Hammer and 4-door sedans on the internet but this is Coupe. Yes and it has these amg stickers front of the engine and also at the trunk. Is there some old school manual to look or something? :D Sorry for the asking but when the car was produced i was 3 years old so... And there was an options list with the car and there was this code Amg-edition.
OK, I ran the VIN, this is a very interesting car.

According to the data card, it is an AMG CE3.4 with a manual transmission.

Please post a bunch of pictures of all the key areas especially

I've attached 2 versions of the Data card, the official Mercedes one, and the DataMB website one.

Where is this car located right now? What country?

You know what the old fishermen say don't you?? "No pictures, it didn't happen..!" :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes this car has this "Dogleg" transmission. And the previous owner said that he changed the bonnet to facelift model in year 2009. After that its been standing on garage, car is located in Finland. Heres pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,917 Posts
Did you purchase this car, or is it for sale? Offhand, (based upon the pictures, there are two things I would change to bring it back to original. I am a supporter of keeping these old cars as close to original as possible, especially rare cars like this one. This car should be kept as it was when it came out of AMG. Unfortunately the conversion to facelift, (and it does look great), lowers the cars value, and the original bonnet is probably long gone. If the previous owner still has the original bonnet, that would be great to get. I believe all body panels have the cars vin number stamped in them, not sure about bonnets, but having a matching number bonnet would add to the value somewhat.
The other thing is the center caps in the wheels. I'm guessing the pictures indoors are older, and the outdoor picture could be current. The correct center caps were plain flat metal circles and painted to match the wheels. The outdoor picture shows new style plastic center caps that do not match the look of this very nice CE, (plus they are a little oversize). If this were my CE, I would search for the correct center caps, or have a machine shop make them. Here are some pictures of one of my center caps, off the exact same set of wheels shown in your pictures, Aero I - 8Jx17H2 et28).

Very nice CE, is it for sale??

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchase this car last week cause it looks cool thou, Those pictures was taken today at my garage 22.10.19 so those are not old. Owner doesnt have the bonnet anymore, it is scrapmetal nowdays so i have to look non facelift model bonnet, and i foundet one. Does this car have that kind of black mask? Maybe it is for sale if i get decent offer. The car has little things to do but i drive it yesterday 100km. Idle is running between 1000-1600 depends K-jet imm? paintwork needs super polish, and that bonnet? Srs light is on and becker is changed jvc somewehere around 2005.

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
If you are going to retrofit the bonnet, you will also need to get the matching headlights.

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,917 Posts
If you are going to retrofit the bonnet, you will also need to get the matching headlights.
@ sbaert - Yes I realized I had forgotten to add the pre-facelift headlights as well, but those euro pre-facelift headlights are available.

@ HarriK4 - This is purely personal taste, I admit I really like the look of your CE, (Congrat's by the way), but if your maximizing the value to sell it, the bonnet and headlights should be returned to original, even if the facelift look may be more appealing to some.

Can you find an AMG Engine # stamped in the block, don't remember offhand where it will be.
Will be interesting to see if there is an AMG engine number, I would suspect there is one.

You would want to verify that the original motor wasn't removed and replaced with a stock 300 motor anyway.

BTW, what does the interior look like, pic's would be nice...

I'm surprised more members haven't jumped in, Fake AMG cars have been around forever, and deciding if a car is a true AMG or a fake, with stickers bought off of eBay is always a hot topic.

I suspect yours may be legit, but the need to absolutely certify it goes up with the selling price, assuming your selling it.

I really like the look of this coupe, I'd like mine to look like that as well, perhaps with a C36 motor also. C36 motors are somewhat available here in the USA.

Anyway, congrats and best wishes for this CE34, really a very nice looking car, and one of the best looking coupes I've seen...

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
Based on what I've seen so far, my gut instinct tells me this very well could be a real AMG.

IF it proves to be a real AMG, pay a bit extra to get Hella or Bosch headlights vs. the Asian knockoff stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i Check engine block tomorrow, Do i need a Lift to find it? Does this car have normal ce headlights or somesort e500 look? Because i found hole car (ce300) under 1000 euros wich i can make spare parts for this one.

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
It takes standard W124 headlights. Just be sure to check the used headlights to make sure glass lens and internal reflector are in good shape, and at a a minimum at least replace the 2 seals (lens to housing, and rear cover housing)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep yep. Good news :) This is a matching numbers amg. Block has this amg stamp and every chassis number etc. is the same. i have to take this to my friends workshop to see it, because it needs lift to see. And bonus is that the car is actually good condition and no rust in chassis.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,917 Posts
Excellent, you should jump over to the general AMG forum and post there, you will attract a lot of interest I would guess, plus you will get some actual AMG owners offering advice/opinions. You have a very nice CE there, best...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts