Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes benz 300te
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellows I am currently residing in Japan.. and I own a W124 300te shown on my avatar. I have a good source here for AMG version body kits (copy) they are cheaper than the original ones but let me remind you these kits are from JAPAN and they're good quality. if you are looking for a particular part I can order them for you and I can ship it using FED EX. of course I will charge a small fee for my trouble here, but I can guarantee that It'll get to you. I know how frustrating it is to want a product and due to the distance we tend to get hesitant on ordering. I am in the military stationed here in Japan and I am willing to help you out if you want the kits. I am looking for a WALD kit (copy) the original costs too damn much. if I find a source I will post it here too. Used kits sometimes appear on the auction site I go too sometimes with small damages let me know what you're looking for and I'll try my best. all other car parts may be available too just ask. [email protected]/[email protected] if you want to call email me and I'll give you my cell no. here in JAPAN. thanks for all the posts GO AMG!!!

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
That wagon looks great...any more pics to share?

What would a AMG copy kit cost shipped to the USA?

Any coupe/sedan images of the kits you are describing? What material are these made of? Pics would help...

·
Registered
mercedes benz 300te
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
email me and I'll send you pictures I just sent mark some cool pictures for the CE kit amg ver3 and wald kits (Copy) check out my new rims "18 brabus nice huh! got it for $750.00 here in Japan with used tires(got lucky again)LOL. the rear look awesome with 255/35R18

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
How much for AMG version 2 rear bumper and side skirts?
Mark,

I gave up on a USA source after being yerked around for a month. :surrender:

I ended up ordering from Rusty. part number B6-602-0731 cost $925 for rear bumper AND shock absorber. It was cheaper this way than if I ordered just the rear bumper.

NLA in USA, but now coming in 7-10 days according to Rusty.

·
Registered
'04 G500, '00 E55 AMG, '90 300TE 4Matic, '82 240D
1,951 Posts
:1poke:

any word on zee kits?

EDIT: and i mean in general, this guy from Japan is probably a dead end but it would nice to have a source anywhere of good used or new or repo, knock-off, etc w124 AMG body kits of any Gen.

·
Registered
99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB
2,282 Posts
:1poke:

any word on zee kits?

EDIT: and i mean in general, this guy from Japan is probably a dead end but it would nice to have a source anywhere of good used or new or repo, knock-off, etc w124 AMG body kits of any Gen.
Extreme Dimensions in California makes a high quality GEN I kit with a great finish.
It does not come with any mounting, so you must transfer your stock mounting points to the ED kit.
Usually under $700 delivered in the contenental USA.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430; 2005 CLK 500
4 Posts
I contacted Extreme about a replacement AMG kit front bumper for my 1990 300CE-24 and they "don't carry this part"... any thoughts please...?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Extreme Dimensions in California makes a high quality GEN I kit with a great finish.
It does not come with any mounting, so you must transfer your stock mounting points to the ED kit.
:eek: where? how? what?!! DO WANT!!! is there a phone number or website? Is it a complete kit with skirts and both bumpers?

·
Registered
'91 C124 300CE, '06 W164 ML500, '00 BMW MCOUPE, '65 COBRA REPL.
547 Posts
dwieler, click here:
Car and truck body kits & parts for mx3, s10, SUV, civic, neon, focus, etc.
FYI, the coupes and sedans used the same bumper. The style changed between years etc, but they fit the same.

For the rest of you:

Car and truck body kits & parts for mx3, s10, SUV, civic, neon, focus, etc.

If you do a search on ebay for W124 body kit, you will get a few results. Most of the results are of the same product (Duraflex made by ED) but sold through different vendors in CA.

I am not affiliated with these guys, but I am looking for a body kit for my car so I have looked into them.

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
Ed, if you have the time, could you please post up those pics of what's needed to make these kits fit properly? I'd hate for folks to assume they're a direct bolt-on, since it's clear they take quite a bit of work to mount up.

·
Registered
'91 C124 300CE, '06 W164 ML500, '00 BMW MCOUPE, '65 COBRA REPL.
547 Posts
Until Ed returns with pictures on the mounting part, I would suggest that people who are looking into ordering these kits, take a look on the back side of their car's bumpers.
Note all the mounting points that are part of the bumpers. Those do not exist on the kit's bumpers. Those pieces have to be removed from the OEM bumpers and grafted on to the kit's bumpers. This can be done with HSRF or any other acceptable "glue" that can be used on fiberglass.
These are not a direct bolt on, nor easily mounted by the average Joe.
But, with some patience and noggin use, I do believe they can be made to fit good.
I will be purchasing a kit and I will post details of how I will be doing it.

Found some details Ed posted about his install on another site.
NOTE: Ed's installation is not the average deal, nor is his car.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w124/377818-extreme-dimensions-body-kit-w124.html

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Ed, if you have the time, could you please post up those pics of what's needed to make these kits fit properly? I'd hate for folks to assume they're a direct bolt-on, since it's clear they take quite a bit of work to mount up.
that would be extremely helpful :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
The ED kit is far from a bolt on, not even a weekend DIY.
It's an excellent copy and the overall finish has no pin holes or rough spots.

We removed the stock mounting points and fixed them to the ED bumpers using a two part automotive panel bond for the rear.

The ED uses the stock Merc impact strips and the rear fit fine.
The front was a tight fit, so the bottom of the ED bumper was spliced to the top of the stock bumper.

There was a great deal of work done to match the widebody flares.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
If you can find a real GEN I kit, even if it needs repairs, it's the best choice.
The ED kit is an accurate copy but much work to fit it !!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts