Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 87 w124 and I want to convert the hood into the w124 94-95 style. does any one know if I can just change the hood and not change the lights as well, or do I have to change the lights in order to fit the new hood? thanks...also,is does anyone have one for sale[?]

email:[email protected]

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
It can be done, but it will look odd. The E320 conversion consists of the headlight, hood and grill. I did it to my car and it came out sweet!

Just do it right the first time. [:D]

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I beg to differ. It will not look odd. The hood will fit over the light and nobody will tell the difference. One of the things people criticize about the W124 is the huge gaps between sheetmetal. The 94/95 hood leaves more than a 1 inch gap between the back of the grill and the radiator support.

It would look odd if you were going from a 94/95 hood to a pre 94 hood because the curve in the corner of the 94/95 light will show on the older hood.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i am doing that conversion right now.put the 1995
headlamps in also you have to change the headlamp filler panels.do it right its a mercedes.my friend jeff has hoods cheap.i also shaved the hood no star.

·
Registered
64 Posts
not hard. should cost no more than $1000. correct?

hood: $200 brand new
headlights no more than $300. grille: $100. then paint/install depends on your sources but just a hood shouldn't cost more than $400.

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Dont forget about blending/fading in the fenders when painting the hood. More like a $1500+ job to do it right and not hack it. Ive seen some paint jobs look pretty funny when the fenders were not faded into and the hood only was painted.[:0]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts