Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
just a few
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1987 300d turbo diesel, grey on grey. 300k. engine is good, tons of new parts over $3k in past 1.5yrs, rockers are good.
bad is, tension bolt on pulley is broken and repairs are too expensive
owned since 150k (southern car before that) oil changed every 3k, interior is great, no electronic issues, sunroof doesn't work. when running still got 40mpg hwy

What could I get for this on a forum or more realistically cragislist, any positive input is appreciated, not looking for an exact price just a guestimate.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
just a few
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I was thinking. I was probably going to post it for $1500 obo

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,885 Posts
Depends on where the metal bits when the tensioner broke. Im assuming the timing chain cover is what broke? There was a revision for that with more reinforcement. 300k and possibly broken engine with #14 head I am assuming? OH is a rust belt state? Couldn't pay me to buy it, especially without a good repair history.

·
Registered
just a few
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cover should be good, just the bolt shed and getting to it is a pain, hence a large portion of the cost. Car was originally a southern car for 1st half of its life and has been in southern ohio for the second half we only get a few inches of snow each year so its not a rust belt car.

·
Registered
Depends on the week
3,778 Posts
ONE DOLLAR! :D

Realistically, $1,000-$2,000?
TWO DOLLARS!

It's really hard to give a ballpark figure of what you could get for the car if we have to go off of one picture and some words.

·
Registered
just a few
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't have all the details, this is my fathers car. I will have all receipts in hand soon to detail what all is has been done. In the meantime I've added more pictures. Also, the car has new tires.

·
Registered
500SL
79 Posts
which cylinder head is on the car? If it's the dreaded #14, someone who knows the cars won't touch it.

·
Premium Member
1967 250 SL, 1965 300SE lang
3,161 Posts
The problem is that it is worth more in parts than as a car to fix... I would guess $1000 to $1500 maximum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.