Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 mercedes 300D 2.5 turbo diesel and i am wondering if anyone knows what you can do?? i am wanting to turn the injection pump up.. i need some tips

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
You can turn the full load screw up to increase rack travel at WOT. It's recommended that you install a pyrometer beforehand. I also recommend converting the wastegate actuator from vacuum to pressure control, to eliminate computer interference in your boost management. I've applied all of these treatments as well as some mild port work to the cylinder head, and the car is just as quick as the six cylinder diesels. Add larger pump elements, a bigger turbo and an intercooler, and the car will really wake right up.

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
Unfortunately I'm not aware of any dyno charts showing the stock configurations of either powerplant. This is the best I can do for the 603. You can see that the peak torque shows up rather low in the rpm range, which is why these diesels feel so quick around town.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a 2.5" turbo back straight pipe on it today, getting windows tinted tomorrow. Putting 17" take offs on it. Got new halo headlights and new tail lights. Next I'm getting a pyro and boost gauge and I'm turnin the pump up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts