Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
C230 W202T
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i have serious problem. I got an offer i can't refuse. W124 CE 220 automatic transmission, great shape but no air conditioning. Can i h ave your advice about how much would cost me to get AC installed on this car. If i have to be honest i;m thinking to buy ot for everyday car and to improve the outfit little bit but cant afford to have no AC in the place i'm living now!
So please help! :)

·
Registered
1991 300D 116,000m
730 Posts
No factory A/C? That's an offer you CAN refuse. It costs $2500 just to FIX the evaporator on these cars that have factory A/C and 90% of that cost is labor just to get to the part. I suppose you could bolt an aftermarket under the passenger footwell like my aunt's old 67 galaxie, but it would just be better to wait for one with factory A/C, IMO.

·
Registered
'91 C124 300CE, '06 W164 ML500, '00 BMW MCOUPE, '65 COBRA REPL.
547 Posts
x2!!!!
Even if it is free, the AC install will make it more expensive than one with AC.
Please fix your info to include your location.

·
Registered
1993 300E, 2003 996 Turbo X50
624 Posts
Unless you live in a country with very cheap labor rates it will cost a fortune as everyone else stated. It's probably such a good deal because others have discovered this fact also.

·
Registered
C230 W202T
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Than you guys I'll think about it because i live in BG and labor is cheap but still parts are expensive, so i'll see if i can find a good one wit ac to trade my estate car for it! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts