Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a W124 200E G Reg (1990) 170K miles, very basic model, that now has developed a few problems such as; pulling to the left and scrubbing inner tread of offside front tyre, clutch pedal not returning - clutch sticking on splines?, weeping from fuel injector distributer. Some rust is starting to show in the body, so a new paint job probably needed, also there had been some rust in the floor supports, new pieces welded in. And finally some yob recently decided use it as footpath, so there are shallow depressions on the bonnet and roof.

Should I spend money on this car and keep it or should I scrap it or trade it in? Any advice welcomed.

·
Premium Member
About a dozen 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1991 sedans, wagons, 4Matics and 1 coupe
5,466 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, it sounds like it is time for this 124 to pack it in. You're in the UK, right? I'm sure that body and paintwork is just as expensive there as it is here in the US. The bodywork alone would probably cost more than the car is worth. As i the rust issues, mechanical issues, miles, and low level of equipment and it's really not worth fixing. Find another one in better condition!
Having said that I'd love to have the manual trans setup here in the US. They're seen very seldom over here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts