37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, MB did make those but according to wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W123
it was a Euro only car.
So, it is a OE stretch by MB.
Not that many around I believe.

Louis
The wikipedia article shows different windows and rear doors, but I guess that could vary from year-to-year etc. This one is in a farmer's field about an hour from Calgary, so I bet there is a real story there.

·
Registered
Diesels om616 -> om606
477 Posts

got one ;)
not the one you linked that is someone else aftermarked modded/barn-modded.

w123 Lang | Mercedes-Benz turbo
was black from store, painted ugly-green before me, bought dissembled, painted it white, and put it together almost completetly, now in storage for when i have time for it/done with the other more fun projects :)

om617NA 4speed manual as is now.
not shure i will make a superturbodiesel lang w123 of it, but perhaps a om605 and fivespeed manual and better differential or something.
would make a pretty badass roadtrip-car, it was/is rustfree, but would be fun to make a w123 lang touring if i stumbled upon a healthy touring rear with dented front and a lang with a rear that needed work

·
Registered
1981 W123 300D non turbo, 1992 190E 1.8 <=> 2.0
6,561 Posts

got one ;)
not the one you linked that is someone else aftermarked modded/barn-modded.

w123 Lang | Mercedes-Benz turbo
was black from store, painted ugly-green before me, bought dissembled, painted it white, and put it together almost completetly, now in storage for when i have time for it/done with the other more fun projects :)

om617NA 4speed manual as is now.
not shure i will make a superturbodiesel lang w123 of it, but perhaps a om605 and fivespeed manual and better differential or something.
would make a pretty badass roadtrip-car, it was/is rustfree, but would be fun to make a w123 lang touring if i stumbled upon a healthy touring rear with dented front and a lang with a rear that needed work
Right that's it.

Now I'm sulking.

Teddy is out the cot.

You've got all the good toys.

Not fair.

·
Registered
'86 W123 200, OM617 non-turbo, bastard 5-speed; '95 W202 C250 Diesel, OM605 non-turbo, 5-spd man
4,604 Posts
Oh, come on, how hard could it be? The front four doors of the wagon, slapped on ahead of the coupé's rear half, and you're good to go!

·
Registered
'84 SEC EuroCoupe, '85 200T EuroWagon, 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
3,172 Posts
would be fun to make a w123 lang touring if i stumbled upon a healthy touring rear with dented front and a lang with a rear that needed work
Good idea, as long as you don't get carried away like this Finnish dude in Florida,:wink:wink

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
The guy also has this SL, a lttle easier to back out the driveway.
But not any easier on the eyes.

·
Registered
Diesels om616 -> om606
477 Posts
Right that's it.

Now I'm sulking.

Teddy is out the cot.

You've got all the good toys.

Not fair.
as someone living in the netherlands you ought to be able to find one yourself ;)

ive had the option to buy a w115 lang to, but declined that one, price vs condition wasnt on pair. but know people in germany etc that find "barn-find" langs from time to time :)

dont cry, come visit ;)

·
Registered
Diesels om616 -> om606
477 Posts

the Finnish has always been a tad more happy on the Vodka-bottle than us swedes, and i can imagine vodka combined with some medical marijuana or something might end you up with something like that. not saying he takes it.

but finnish people are a tad special, just look at "the dudesons"..

(althou i am 1/8 finnish myself)

and no, i would never make anything like that :)

·
Registered
51 Posts

Looks to be the bigger brother of the "back to the future" delorean.
No need to back up anymore.
Since it has an improved flux capacitor.
It now runs on air/oxygen.
Vertical take off is now mandatory.

Louis

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Is that the new Mad Max's his ride?
I drove the new Mad Max (Tom Hardy) for 5 days back in September at the Toronto Film Festival in just a regular size Suburban not one of the 5 long SUV's back at the office.

Here's a picture of me dancing with Mad Max.

·
Registered
1981 W123 300D non turbo, 1992 190E 1.8 <=> 2.0
6,561 Posts
dont cry, come visit ;)
Wasn't crying

I wasn't!

-

Now a visit sounds good but not until the summer I'm already further north than is sensible for this time of the year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts