Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've just bought a lovely W123 1985 230ce. It driving like its on jelly at the moment and the shocks have completely gone. I was thinking of making the most of it and changing the springs at the same time and dropping it a little. H&R do a kit, but they state that the car has not got to have 'self leveling' suspension in order for this kit to work. Now I don't know if it has got a self leveling suspension as i'm no mechanic so how do I know ?

Also, I would like to drop it by just 20mm, but the springs H&R supply do it by 40mm and I can't anyone that can supply springs that drop it by 20mm. Do I have any other options to do this other than going for the full 40mm ?

I'm no mechanic and so any help would be great.

Sunny.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that! I certainly will look into the rubber mounts. Maybe I'll just get some Dot 1 mounts from MB, I can't see them cost much. And I'll save a load on the springs. Do the springs actually ever need changing though due to wear and tear ?

I'm planning to stick some standard 14" mexican hat alloys on it, and so just lowering it a little will make it look just that little bit sleeker. Would you have pic of your car lowered by 40mm by any chance ?

Also, any ideas if w123's had self leveling suspensions?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just called MB and they said what I need is is something called the shock absorber Shims which come in different sizes. They recommended a 1 Burl. Is this the same thing as the rubber mounts that you mentioned ? And do they fit on top of the shocks ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.