Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
W123 Turbo Gasoline Carlsson
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does any one knows about any good on line store for transmission rebuild kits or Ball bearings?, i need to refresh a getrag 5 speed (out of a 2.5- 16v)and a 4 speed manual.Thank you.

Adolfo Malavasi

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,509 Posts
Ounce you get the Transmission Apart and have the Bearings in hand; and can read the numbers on them I would do an eBay Search.
I have bought good quaility Brand name US and Japan made Bearings for 1/4-1/3 of the local retail prices.
Besure to read the ad colsely as to who makes the Bearings they are selling.

·
Registered
1981 240D
185 Posts
You can also try German Imported Parts. They have free shipping on all orders over $75. There is also The Benz Bin and in a pinch you can pay double retail value and pay out the nose on shipping through Performance Products for Benz (Ecklers). Like one of the other members mentioned in a seperate thread, you can always call your local Mercedes dealership and ask them. It doesn't cost you anything to pick up the phone and see what they will charge you to order the part. Sometimes you will find the dealership is cheaper or they can get parts other places cannot. For diesel parts you can always check with Russell at Diesel Giant. He is a little expensive, but he has good customer service and if you have any questions about the job you are working on or products he carries, you can e-mail him and he usually replies in one or two days. Do yourself a favor and avoid parts chains with their own cheap brands like autozone and pepboys. You get what you pay for and it makes no sense to put cheap parts on superior cars.

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,885 Posts
I prefer Rusty @ buy mb part dot biz. He beats everyones prices (call him or chat him up with a better price) on everything but Bosch.

Hes also local to me so I am biased.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts