Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old thread was bugging out, so why not start a new one? [:D]

A

·
0 Posts
Gladly. I am honored to be the first poster of pics. Here is me and meinen geilen Coupe. (if i get pics to go through at all.) I love her to death, and she will NEVER be sold, EVER!

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,742 Posts
Ah well, new thread, why not? Here is Karl Friedrich von Sindelfingen, who took me 5 years to find. No, he is not for sale either!!! Ever!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im planning on keeping my Coupe forever also. Never sell it. One day its going to be worth something. [:D]

BTW, I love your 280. Car looks like its new.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
1985 300CD - 4/3/2005 9:11 PM

Im planning on keeping my Coupe forever also. Never sell it. One day its going to be worth something. [:D]

BTW, I love your 280. Car looks like its new.
Thanks much, yours doesn't look too bad either. Mine belonged to a family so filthy rich, it was their butler's car, with which he picked up kids form school and groceries. Must be rough!

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. Thats a nice car for a butler. My car isint bad. It has 126K. Im fixing it up little by little. Its a Coupe, so its rare. I think they made only 8,000 Coupes from 82 to 85.

A

·
0 Posts
so, if i understand right, and use a little constuctive imagination, ur car used to belong to the GRAF von Singlefingen. Graf means duke in english, for the less germanized of us here.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
AMSOIL300CDT - 4/3/2005 9:29 PM

so, if i understand right, and use a little constuctive imagination, ur car used to belong to the GRAF von Singlefingen. Graf means duke in english, for the less germanized of us here.
Seems entirely possible to me! And for those of us less englished(?) graf means count, duke would be herzog. Hehe.[;)]

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
So here comes Episode 3! You guys just love our cars, don't ya? [:p]

I took pics with my camera phone recently, also with the brake light mod a couple of weeks ago. Now I'll have to get myself a bluetooth so I can upload them...

Ike, are you sure your pics aren't 26 years old? That car looks NEW![:0] Good find! How's the power? [:p]

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
karugs - 4/3/2005 10:21 PM

So here comes Episode 3! You guys just love our cars, don't ya? [:p]

I took pics with my camera phone recently, also with the brake light mod a couple of weeks ago. Now I'll have to get myself a bluetooth so I can upload them...

Ike, are you sure your pics aren't 26 years old? That car looks NEW![:0] Good find! How's the power? [:p]
Yes, it certainly was a good find! The key is to take your time. I was especially looking for a US-spec 280E, which are RARE. But I find that with classic cars patience is definitely a virtue. Like I said, 5 years and change and boy have I seen some serious junk over those five years. The car now has a new RR quarter and taillight and rear bumper after an altrecation with a guardrail. It was done by a Mercedes dealer body shop who does wonderful work. I am very happy!

Oh, and the power is fine. It's nobody's rocket but gets out of its own way like it's supposed to. Not much you can do with 142hp in a big hunk of steel like a W123. Plus, the auto trans is no help, but what are you gonna do? I absolutely did not want a gray market car with all their issues.

Here is a pic from right after the accident. The pics earlier are after the repair.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
tiger_biru - 4/4/2005 2:59 AM

Entschuldigen Sie, bitte, aber ich bin ein 200 verruckt! Sehen Sie allein doch!
Hey Tiger, does that car really have an airbag? And am I nuts or are those US-spec bumpers on a Euro-spec car?

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
His car is driving us all nuts, huh? [:D]

Now I'm confused, I think I remember it was a European-spec but it's their "thing" in Indonesia to install US bumpers (also helps in the parking lots).

A

·
0 Posts
ein sehr schoenes wagen, auf jedem vall. hatt es wirklich nur ein 2,0 vergasser motor? was machen sie eigentlich mit einen muenchen aufzeichen drauf? gehen sie dar hin zum bier trinken oder was? kommen sie wirklich aus indonesian? warscheins, weil sie ein "gegen-seite" steur hasst. die erste 123er das ich mit so was gesehen habe. schoene felgen auch.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
AMSOIL300CDT - 4/4/2005 3:14 PM

ein sehr schoenes wagen, auf jedem vall. hatt es wirklich nur ein 2,0 vergasser motor? was machen sie eigentlich mit einen muenchen aufzeichen drauf? gehen sie dar hin zum bier trinken oder was? kommen sie wirklich aus indonesian? warscheins, weil sie ein "gegen-seite" steur hasst. die erste 123er das ich mit so was gesehen habe. schoene felgen auch.
Now, I get it! He must think it's a BMW 320i! That would explain the Munchen decal and I'm sure he does love beer!

P. S. This is an English forum, damnit!

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sportline W124
790 Posts
flyboyike - 4/4/2005 3:22 PM

Hey Tiger, does that car really have an airbag? And am I nuts or are those US-spec bumpers on a Euro-spec car?

No flyboyike, no, you're fine, it is US-spec bumpers on a Euro-spec car allright.

And no, my W123 has no airbag system[:)]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts