Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,<br>
We just bought a 1982 300CD with 166k on it. Car has a few issues; blower is intermittent, needs some front end work, new shocks required, brakes, some weatherstripping around the front windows; that's about it.<br>
<br>
A am looking for an experienced w123 mechanic in the oakland east bay in california that could help me get this car sorted out.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Carl<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought a 1984 300TD in Berkeley two months ago. It was serviced for the last five or so years at Auto Europa, on Cleveland Avenue in Albany (tel 510.528.3196). They specialize in Mercedes. The previous owner spared no expense--if something needed to be done he had it done. However, I should tell you that I've found a mechanic in NYC, where I live, who reviewed all the repair bills the previous owner gave to me and who then carefully went over my car, and he speculates that the previous mechanic may have gotten 'a little lazy,' as my mechanic put it (though who's to say--I've never met the Auto Europa folks). If you do try them out, you might just want to carefully review the work that's done.<br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: w123 mechanic in oakland needed!!

Matteo,<br> <br> Is your car blue, bought from an architect? I think I was there when it was in the shop. I had my oil changed there (watched him do it so I could learn, easy!), and had him check a few things out. I purchased the car in Feb, so am not well versed in old Benz idiosynchrasies.<br> <br> I too, had the impression that the mechanic was 'a little lazy', not to mention a little rough. I got a good feeling from another German in Richmond, named Huffman. Have not been to him yet, but will probably go in the near future, at least to have a conversation and a look.<br> <br> Frederick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.