Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 220D 1973
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one has experience converting a W123 to LPG?

Thanks VCR

·
Registered
280SL Pagoda, BMW318
98 Posts
Yes, I had a 250

Hi there,

Yes, I had a converted 250 on LPG - actually it was dual fuel. I have to be honest, it was a disaster! Sure, the car was cheap to run (the cost of LPG in Australia at the time was 17c/l!), but the car constantly ran like a dog. Because of the dual fuel set up, it wasn't quite set up for gas, and not quite for petrol either, so it never really ran well on either [:(!].

I've had friends with LPG conversions on Benzes. They tend to work best on the fuel injected models, and best when it is a complete conversion.

My recommendation? Get rid of your petrol engined 123 and get yourself a diesel. When I moved to Canada, that's what I did and I've never looked back. The economy is astounding, the reliability is unbelieveable and if you are not happy with the performance, get someone to import you a turbodiesel motor from North America.

Hope that helps...[:)]

·
Registered
Mercedes 220D 1973
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, since I’m in Europe I cam easily get a diesel, the issue is that the...

Thanks for the input, since I’m in Europe I cam easily get a diesel, the issue is that the government is planning to apply an eco tax over diesel. This means that Diesel could cost pretty soon the same then gasoline. So the real question is, can it work? And what kind of engine and condition should I look for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.