Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 300D-T
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I'm new to this site - just bought 83 300D Turbo, my first MB and first turbo.
I've been around alot in the world of Jeeps , Hondas and Toyotas - been turning wrenches on them for years...I just wanted to add a useful Topic used on some of those boards...

123's in the junkyard!

This can be used for adding what you've gotten, what you've found, adding pics of what you find, and advertising your favorite boneyard that has stuff we need.

From what I've seen, this is one of the finest boards on the web...great people with great experience and willing to help another member. I hope that my experieces will help you out as you have already helped me learn about these magnificent machines.

Hopefully I find some 123's in jy's here in St. Louis.
J

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts

·
Registered
02 CLK55 Cab 85300CD
137 Posts
Try searching the website car-parts.com, it allows a model , year and part search, and you can use that to find great yards. I searched for 300CD windshield glass and ended up salvaging an entire great interior out of one of those cars _ would never have found it online but for that website. I'll add this info to the thread too.

Personal favorite: Silver Star recycling in Rancho Corodova, had one of the most knowledgeable pickers ( they knew correct years/differences in factory radio antennas!) They do not have the greatest shipping department personnel ( not very user freindly if a problem comes up) but everything else is great including parts inventory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts