Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My 1985 w123 series 200T died a couple of days ago. The AA man who towed me home did some testing and said that the ignition control unit was suspect. I am not getting a spark coming out of the coil.

I have replaced the Siemens unit with a older Bosch one that I have seen working on a running engine (although it was a 6 cylinder 280). Does anyone know if the two units are interchangeable?

I have done some testing with the new unit and the coil does seam to be getting a signal from it but I'm not sure if its the signal that the coil needs to make it function.

After getting a bit desperate I tried to put my analyser between the HT lead contact on the coil and earth. I expected it to blow the fuse in the tester but instead it gave a reading of 12 volts. Does this suggest a short inside the coil? I am baffled!?!!?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you been able to correct this problem? Currently, I have the same problem with my car. No spark and I don't hear the fuel pump running when the ingnition is on red. The fuel pump is not receiving electricity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts