Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300CD
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just repaired the leak in the fuel door lock actuator on my 300CD. A new actuator is about $45 and they're difficult to find in stock anywhere.

I did some searching and found a part number for replacement diaphragms.

BOSCH part no. 3 340 522 025 - $1.92 each

These seem to be made better than the original diaphragms. I bought ten and with the cost of shipping, still paid less than one new actuator.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Speed "85" Euro TD , 5 speed "85" Euro 240D, "79" 5 spd 240D, 5 spd "94" Dodge/Cummins PU
664 Posts
Good to know. Supposedly a condom can also be used in a pinch;)

·
Registered
1985 300CD
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are for later model w123s. They are a common failure in the vacuum system along with connectors.

·
Registered
1985 300D Turbo
51 Posts
I just bought two of those as well. My leaking problem was inside the front door, passenger side. It worked very well and now I my doors lock without any issues. For now at least. I will post some pictures soon.

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
Does anyone know of a cost-effective diaphragm replacement for the older actuators? All of them on my car are now shot and I've basically got the whole door lock system bypassed for the time being.

After seeing the cost of the actuators and repair kits for the older models, I'm half tempted to gut out the vacuum lock system and retrofit a good heavy duty solenoid-based central locking system. I just don't know what to do w/ the fuel filler door and trunk.

·
Registered
1985 300CD
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
George Murphy at Performance Analysis Company sells complete ACC diaphragm kits and early w123 door lock actuator diaphragms.

The kits are about $36 and the door lock diaphragms are $8.50 each.

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
Hmm I just browsed Rock Auto and didn't see anything. Was there a specific section you looked at?

·
Registered
1985 300D Turbo
51 Posts
Hmm I just browsed Rock Auto and didn't see anything. Was there a specific section you looked at?
Put the part number in the search box and it should come right up. It will be $1.92 I think plus shipping. You won't be able to see what it looks like though cause they don't have a picture on the website but it looks exactly like the pic up in the first post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts