Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Created this cup holder trying to make it as OEM appearing as possible. It required one cut in the tray carpet and two screws into the tray floor. Replacement carpet would bring the car back to standard with no marring. German cup holders from company supplying OEM to Mercedes. As seen, two beverages can be held. Very sturdy and any spills land in cup tray. Does cover rear window switches when forward holder open and precludes arm rest use when rear holder open, but considered them small sacrifice for convenience. Only lost less than an inch of tray space.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
cup holders

Forgot to ask: could these be mounted farther to the rear of the tray and avoid covering the rear window switches?
Hemersam

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ah, I see... It's 2 of those cupholders mounted back to vack on a custom bracket. Very ingenious...

Makes me wonder... Who would be interested in buying a ready-made bracket for these two cupholders...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cup holders are by Fischer of Germany a supplier of OEM cup holders including Mercedes. I got them from this website. The owner is very nice to work with: Fischer Cup Holder $14.99 - Ultimate Cupholders - Cup holders for 5 Series and 7 Series BMW, Z4, Porsche Boxster / Porsche 911 996, Mercedes, Audi, Acura NSX and other fine cars. The ultimate cup holder / cupholder!
The bracket is two common L-brackets available at hardware stores. I used the narrow ones but wide ones can be found. The narrows can be welded together or I used super strength black duct tape. Plenty strong and the black blended with the cup holders. The cup holders can be bolted to the brackets – I used 3M Super Strength molding tape and it's plenty strong. The tray carpet does require a cut slit for the bracket. And does require the bracket be screwed to the tray under the carpet. It can be positioned anywhere in the tray. I chose this location because I wanted to have a tall cup and the arm rest deployed at the same time. Plus wanted the availability of a guest cup holder. And I wanted as much clear tray room available as possible. I was willing to sacrifice the rear switches when traveling with cup and armrest. I felt this installation had the most OEM appearance as possible while not marring the interior. Most riders who are not acquainted with W123 specifications think it came that way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice setup. my w123 came with home fabbed cup holders in the tray and it turned out to be a perfect place to drop my phone into my coffee. :crybaby2: It only killed the battery but the phone survived.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts