Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1982 W123 230CE
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Long-time lurker here. This might be my first post!

anyway I am trying to replace all the seals on my coupe sunroof (1982 230ce) and am looking for a bit of help;

I know the sedan/saloon seals won’t fit so I am aware I can’t just buy a standard w123 sunroof seal replacement set from eBay.

could someone please point me in the direction of either the coupe sunroof seals sold online or the actual part numbers so I can try find them myself?

thanks in advance,
Aaron

·
Registered
1985 300CD, 1985.5 Porsche 944, 1969 Triumph TR6, 1998 Land Rover Discovery I, 1992 Volvo 240
1,159 Posts
Call your local Mercedes dealership and ask them for the 1-800 number to the, I believe its called the vintage parts something, something, something. I believe it is in California they may be able to help. If you aren't able to find parts through the national network I have had good luck calling obscure dealerships that may have NOS parts on the shelf... Think Fairbanks or Anchorage Alaska, or other dealership in other states where new sales are/were not on par with say larger more metropolitan cities.

·
Registered
1982 W123 230CE
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Call your local Mercedes dealership and ask them for the 1-800 number to the, I believe its called the vintage parts something, something, something. I believe it is in California they may be able to help. If you aren't able to find parts through the national network I have had good luck calling obscure dealerships that may have NOS parts on the shelf... Think Fairbanks or Anchorage Alaska, or other dealership in other states where new sales are/were not on par with say larger more metropolitan cities.
I live in Ireland. There is no such thing here unfortunately

·
Registered
2008 E320 Bluetec, 1988 560SL totalled unto death). 1997 Dodge Ram 1500, 1983 300CD
1,330 Posts
It has been some years but as I recall, the sedan sunroof seals were too long. It was a simple matter to cut them to fit.
BTW, the organization aaronmcg was referring to is the Mercedes Classic Center. There is a link to them through a number of MB forums.

·
Registered
1982 W123 230CE
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It has been some years but as I recall, the sedan sunroof seals were too long. It was a simple matter to cut them to fit.
BTW, the organization aaronmcg was referring to is the Mercedes Classic Center. There is a link to them through a number of MB forums.
it was actually MSGGrunt that was referring to the Mercedes Classic Centre, but thanks.
I might just have to buy sedan ones if I have to and chop ‘em

·
Registered
1985 300CD, 1985.5 Porsche 944, 1969 Triumph TR6, 1998 Land Rover Discovery I, 1992 Volvo 240
1,159 Posts
Sorry, didn't see the flag as I responded while on my phone. Yeah, that's the place, the classic center.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts