Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1983 W123 200T
120 Posts
Everything should be connected up. The multimeter instructions should show how to measure if there's voltage between 2 wires.
The brown wire will always be the ground.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am showing no voltage between the 2 wires. By the way do you know what this is? I dont know if it has anything to do with my problem?? It is located between upper left behind instrument cluster? The yellow tag says instruments.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I would just bypass with a wire and splice into the wire at bulbs near the CCU but I am not sure where to connect the bypass/jump wire that will only engage when the lights are on??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I put it up as a question and some say alarm?? I suppose I don't really care what it is as long as it is not part of my console lights issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks. Funny you should post this! I found it late last night and I think this is it. I have someone soldering it right now. The ribbon was burnt right where his was. Hopefully this will do the trick.

·
Registered
.................... ~'84 300D~~~~~~~~ ~~'85 300TD~~~~~~~ ~~~W123(s) Galore~~~
657 Posts
Success!!! Same thing as the last video.Took a while but got there. Thanks for the help!!
I've been trying to trace this exact problem off & on for three (3) days!!!!! I'll be at this tomorrow morning... the first thing I'll do is test a different instrument cluster until I find one that works (I have 5 clusters). If that doesn't work I'll solder one up!!! Man... I feel like an idiot!

Thanks for your persistence... and, DOUBLE THANKS to the Dude in the video!!! Where did he get his schematic!!! I could not find that schematic anywhere!

dennis

·
Registered
.................... ~'84 300D~~~~~~~~ ~~'85 300TD~~~~~~~ ~~~W123(s) Galore~~~
657 Posts
Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fixed two (2) clusters (the other three worked).

THANK YOU!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts