Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300GD *2
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish to add an MP3 player to my W123 and I see the Becker Mexico ( Analog one ) has a DIN connector at back wich might accept external input - where can I find the wiring info?
PEter Merle

·
Registered
4 Posts
The becker radio has a unique wiring. The important thing to consider is knowing where the positive and negative. With regards to the becker audio, the brown is the negative (-).... the black is the ignition 12V positive (+).....the gray is the illumination 12V (+)...... and the red is the constant 12V negative (-)

You may wanna check the diagram of your new radio.. some doesn't match the color... so all you have to do is determine the positive, negative, illumination and the ignition positive.... other wiring is for the front and rear speakers. Be sure to connect the anti-theft wire back (it is the middle wire in your becker deck) it has a metal like brace or bracket (whatever you may wanna call it)... i hope this help :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
1,761 Posts
The becker radio has a unique wiring. The important thing to consider is knowing where the positive and negative. With regards to the becker audio, the brown is the negative (-).... the black is the ignition 12V positive (+).....the gray is the illumination 12V (+)...... and the red is the constant 12V negative (-)

You may wanna check the diagram of your new radio.. some doesn't match the color... so all you have to do is determine the positive, negative, illumination and the ignition positive.... other wiring is for the front and rear speakers. Be sure to connect the anti-theft wire back (it is the middle wire in your becker deck) it has a metal like brace or bracket (whatever you may wanna call it)... i hope this help :)

IN what order do they go in in the pin area? When I pulled my the pins came out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts