Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it would be possible to convert the older style airconditioning controls to the newer push button style. I find the push button panel easier and more effective to use than the numerous levers on the older european style. Is this possible? Has anyone done this? Is it as easy as taking out the front panel and plugging in the new airconditioning push button panel?<br> <br> thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked the same question some time ago. MB said that the European version works much better than the US one and is less likely to brake down.<br> To answer your question, they don't believe it is possible to change anyway.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO NO NO!!! Don't do it!! <br> <br> You would not believe how many people who have the US style push button aircon systems are wishing they had the Euro style systems (me included). Only in the US could Mercedes have offered such a tacky unreliable, innaccurate, crappy airconditioning system. They usually don't work, and when they do, they don't work properly. Cherish the fact you have a Mercedes the way it was meant to be (not the way some git in the marketing dept thought US customers should have it).<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've owned six cars over the years with the pushbutton a/c control. I'm driving a 1985 300 TD wagon that has had the only one that worked! The best controls----1983 240 D model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.