Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm looking for Front Windshield for my 1979 300cd my BF was driving the car and left the hood on flipped up and destroyed the windshield
I'm so sick writing this!!! The hood is partially damaged as well I need help, someone out there please come to my aid.
I live in Houston,TX

Gigi

·
Registered
1985 300CD, 1985.5 Porsche 944, 1969 Triumph TR6, 1998 Land Rover Discovery I, 1992 Volvo 240
1,486 Posts
Are the coupe windshield different than the sedans? Lays back at a more pronounced angle? gsanati, when you do replace yours, and if you have a way (calipers), could you measure the thickness of the OEM glass? I have had issues with replacement windshields not being as thick as the originals and not sealing well in an OEM window seal. In MA we have free windshield replacement and in the past when I needed one replaced in a Porsche Caymen S I fought with the insurance company to pay for a windshield directly from Porsche instead of Safelite as I was told there was a difference in quality, fit, and finish.

·
Registered
W123 300CD, W123 300TD, W202 C250D Turbo
350 Posts
The coupe screen is smaller due to the roof profile being lower. Never had an issue out here with thickness

1 - 3 of 3 Posts