Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1983, W123 240D
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I wonder if Lemförder engine mounts for W123 300D (whose brand code is 10844 02) is the same with 240D mounts or not. Can anyone answer to this question?

If not specifically about 300 or 240 engines, maybe this is already impossible since the engines are not the same in appearance. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbodiesel (US Spec)
375 Posts
If I remember correctly, 240 and 300D engine mounts have the same shape, the difference is that 300 engine mounts are a bit stronger to cope with more power, so I think the engine mounts form a 300 will work in a 240D without any issues. In fact, 240D owners are using 300D engine mounts because they last longer and cost about the same.

·
Registered
European 1974 350SLC ,'78 300CD& '80 300CD sold , '81 240D SWMBO's Car '84 300CD & Euro
831 Posts
I only buy factory M-B mounts because after many years I discovered they last longer and allow less shaking of the engine .

Don't forget the rubber shock bushings, the kits if affordable, the shocks proper rarely wear out .

·
Registered
1983, W123 240D
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I remember correctly, 240 and 300D engine mounts have the same shape, the difference is that 300 engine mounts are a bit stronger to cope with more power, so I think the engine mounts form a 300 will work in a 240D without any issues. In fact, 240D owners are using 300D engine mounts because they last longer and cost about the same.
Thanks a lot for telling me that. I think I am going to do the same and use 300D engine mounts.

I only buy factory M-B mounts because after many years I discovered they last longer and allow less shaking of the engine .

Don't forget the rubber shock bushings, the kits if affordable, the shocks proper rarely wear out .
Some people tell that Lemförder mounts are oem Mercedes mounts and in fact they even has MB logo on them but erased before being sold as a Lemförder product. I didn't ask Mercedes for engine mounts but I am sure there is a huge price difference between Lemförder that I can find in many shops.

I didn't know about rubber bushings. Do I need to change them as well when changing the mounts?

·
Registered
European 1974 350SLC ,'78 300CD& '80 300CD sold , '81 240D SWMBO's Car '84 300CD & Euro
831 Posts
Copying a factory part and then modifying the mold is a time honored practice ~ it doesn't mean you're getting the same quality product .

If the vibrations of the engine bother you, pony up for the M-B mounts, the Classic Center will ship them to your door and the price reduction usually covers the shipping .

Yes, each tiny little shock absorber uses rubber bushings and the Diesel fuel infused oil mist attacks everything rubber or plastic under the hood and makes them blubbery .

They sell little kits with everything you need .

The exposed end of the shock's piston shaft has a 7MM ATF slot machined into it, usually hidden under globs of grease and old rubber, DO NOT hold the shaft from spinning with pliers ! .

This is why some of use try hard to keep the engine and chassis clean : it $ave$ Seriou$ money over time and makes working on it far easier to boot .

I'm always amused when an O.T.R. Trucker looks under my hood as I'm checking the oil etc, and makes comments like "you can eat off that" when in fact we've all seen those beautiful engines that don't appear to have any oil in them .

Leave all the motor mount bolts loose until they're all threaded in, then tighten them up fully .

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,659 Posts
Copying a factory part and then modifying the mold is a time honored practice ~ it doesn't mean you're getting the same quality product .

If the vibrations of the engine bother you, pony up for the M-B mounts, the Classic Center will ship them to your door and the price reduction usually covers the shipping .

Yes, each tiny little shock absorber uses rubber bushings and the Diesel fuel infused oil mist attacks everything rubber or plastic under the hood and makes them blubbery .

They sell little kits with everything you need .

The exposed end of the shock's piston shaft has a 7MM ATF slot machined into it, usually hidden under globs of grease and old rubber, DO NOT hold the shaft from spinning with pliers ! .

This is why some of use try hard to keep the engine and chassis clean : it $ave$ Seriou$ money over time and makes working on it far easier to boot .

I'm always amused when an O.T.R. Trucker looks under my hood as I'm checking the oil etc, and makes comments like "you can eat off that" when in fact we've all seen those beautiful engines that don't appear to have any oil in them .

Leave all the motor mount bolts loose until they're all threaded in, then tighten them up fully .
The real Mercedes Mounts are made in Turkey by Phoenix and the Phoenix logo, and the Mercedes Star and Mercedes Part number appears on them. Lemforder grinds off the Mercedes Star but the part number and Phoenix logo are still there as the other marking like the painted colored dots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts