Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1982 300TD auto station wagon. It has done a genuine 280,000 Klms and is in good condition. I am the third owner. I was sold a second hand replacement transmission unit which we have now found to be the wrong one. We are still trying to sort that out with the supplier. There does not seem to be the right one available in Australia. I have asked the repairer if he can repair the existing transmission but he is somewhat reluctant to do that as the parts required may not be available. I am happy to source them from where ever at reasonable cost. Would they be available??????? On removal of the pan cover, part of a broken circlip? was lying in it. I can reverse and drive the car at 45kmhr or less but it will not shift into a higher gear. The saga has so far lasted 2 months. We have only one auto repair shop here in Ballarat capable of doing the work and he works alone!!!! Cheers Johnboy

·
Registered
W124
5,161 Posts
This is currently posted in the w124 forum which does not cover this car (which is a W123). You should post this in the appropriate forum to receive the best information.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts