Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Y E S! !!!!

hiya ace789 -
is it allowed to run the car with that very unsecure (HA!!) bumpers in the states? and what's about the not-sealed-beamed lights??
after all she's a real beauty, esp. with that colour. rry to find tinny wheelcaps for her. that would make her PERFECT - imho.
greetings from where the star was born.

·
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
hansvonholstein said:
oops - my files are too large. might one of the boys transcript them from the other forum, please?

Hello and welcome Hans,great to see you made it over here. Here are your pics from the other site.

Before

After

Hey Hans,had to show off your column shifter :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
hiya nutz -

any doubts to find me here sooner or later?? ;) sure i follow you fellow W116ers everywhere! as long as your honorable mr. president remains in LINCOLNs...

grazie mille for copying my pics. i guess, i'm just too old for this electronic- and cyberstuff. i'm left from the mechanical era... otherwise I(!!) would have bought YOU TUBE!!! btw. lots of nice MERC videos. my favorite: a british W124-"test" to prove how solid an old MERC still is.

one more: since SEPT. i'm member of the official S-CLASS-CLUB (the former W126-club). on the homepage (ENGLISH version avble.) you find a lot about "our" ladies. esp. on the "member's"sites!!! yesterday i watched all the commercial videos (mol 1h) from that time. how lovely!! the music, the suits, the hairdo...

greetings to ANCHORAGE, where we might have mild californian climate 200 years ahead, if we go on living this way...

HANS

·
Registered
18 Posts
@nomada - ref. to TomiT's paint:

oh yes, indeed it is! the W116 was painted with so many devine, adorable colours. you'll find them all here:

www.s-klasse-club.de

stay with the GERMAN version (black-red-yellow flag-symbol)! don't go to the ENGLISH one. because the W116 doesn't exist there for unknown reasons. so choose the german flag, go to "Der W116" and then on the left to "Farbvariationen". that means variations of colours. i think the rest is self-explaining. point at the colour's name and a picture is shown.
or go to:

www.astralsilber.de

there you find pictures too. (>Farbcodes on the left). it's just (??) the W123. but the colours were the same.

or go to:

www.meinbenz.de

also pictures under Farbtabellen on the left side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nomada said:

I just acquired a 1980 300SD and really like those deep dish rims. What model rims are those and what is the bolt pattern. In shopping for rims, what do I need to look for as far as what will fit my car?

·
Registered
18 Posts
THX chaw ...

actually it's what i love on this very car.

the extremely simple version on one hand (no metallic colour, no alloys, no leather or volour, no coloured windows, no el. windows) and the luxury on the other hand (automatic, frontlight-wipers, el. sliding roof PLUS climate control PLUS extra heating, headrests and belts and reading-light in the back, stronger front-seats,...) - which all was only available on extra costs and very, very, very expensive that days!

the secret is, that she was an official gouvernmental car in her first life.

if the major of washington is also gouverneur of washington dc., you could compare it to the major of bremen, who is also gouverneur of bremen state, one of the 16 federal states of germany. the difference is just, that bremen is not our capital. at least it's the US-seagate to northern continental europe.

every february there is an "oldtime-cars"-exhibition and -fare in bremen (coincidently!!). i hope, i can show her next year there with the (official MB-)"s-class-club".

keep your fingers crossed, please!! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello gays....
Please!Cud same one give me information where i can get parts for w116 sel450 onlain
Rubeer seals for doors,windows?
Thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Car was keyed all the 360 degrees - purchased like that. I will be changing my licence plates just in case. 1976 450SE with 71,015 miles.
my benz is getting a repaint and found some rust on the car!!! got jinxed I guess. in the trunk area. apparently water was getting past the seal and the grommets in the floor were dirty and water sat there for too long. I am going to cut it out (both sides) and fiberglass it instead to avoid future problem repetition.

here's a video of the before. I will post new pics with what I am doing in the trunk to include the sound system.

wish me luck.

http://sharkle.com/video/107274/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mundayc,
I love the way your car looks with the deep dish rims. Do you think you could put up more pictures. I would apprieciate it very much

thank you
JamesW116

·
Registered
283 Posts
On this wonderful Thanksgiving day, gove thanks also for the cars we own no matter in what condition as long as you love it! Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

got my car back from the paint shop yesterday. Slapped the rims on, put the new shift knob on, have to put the steering wheel and chrome grill trim among other little things:

Here's the before:
http://sharkle.com/video/107274/

How much you guys think these cars are worth appraised?

Attachments

·
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Happy Thanksgiving to you too ,verdejor.

Really sweet,clean ride!Great to see someone else hooking up their W116's. Take it from me,make sure you have locking wheel bolts!

·
Registered
118 Posts
euro bumpers and single lens headlights?

this thread has sold me, i need to get euro bumpers and single lens headlights. i can get bumpers, i've seen plenty at the junkyard, but where can i get the head light lenses? they cost approx $500 right? damn they are sexy!!! gonna try to fund this one by selling climate control servos and servo amps, amongst other things, on ebay :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
juxtamit said:
this thread has sold me, i need to get euro bumpers and single lens headlights. i can get bumpers, i've seen plenty at the junkyard, but where can i get the head light lenses? they cost approx $500 right? damn they are sexy!!! gonna try to fund this one by selling climate control servos and servo amps, amongst other things, on ebay :rolleyes:

last summer i had a small accident which made me change the head light lenses (euro spec). had them mailed to greece (where i live) from bosch germany, they were something like 90 euros each. all i can say is that its better to find the whole headlight second handed (which i found for about 80 euros in athens) rather than pay same amount just for the glass

41 - 60 of 232 Posts
About this Discussion
231 Replies
120 Participants
Panzergirl
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing