Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some info on a driver's seat armrest. I need one for a 1970 220 (W115), and I'm seeing a lot more selection from W123 cars (I guess 1976 and newer 240D). The armrest looks very similar by looking at pictures, but I'm wondering if they are exactly interchangeable? Is there any armrest which would be interchangeable and would fit my application? Any help on interchangeability would be greatly appreciated.

My car doesnt have an armrest right now, but I'd like to be able to put one in. Other than the mounting bolt which most of the armrests are sold with, is there something I need to pay attention to, modify, or purchase extra, so that I could add an armrest on a car which originally wasn't optioned with one?

thanks!

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Armrest

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some info on a driver's seat armrest. I need one for a 1970 220 (W115), and I'm seeing a lot more selection from W123 cars (I guess 1976 and newer 240D). The armrest looks very similar by looking at pictures, but I'm wondering if they are exactly interchangeable? Is there any armrest which would be interchangeable and would fit my application? Any help on interchangeability would be greatly appreciated.

My car doesnt have an armrest right now, but I'd like to be able to put one in. Other than the mounting bolt which most of the armrests are sold with, is there something I need to pay attention to, modify, or purchase extra, so that I could add an armrest on a car which originally wasn't optioned with one?

thanks!
There is a steel post attached to the driver's seat that holds the armrest in place. The best option is to just swap your seat with the same seat with an armrest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the note. Does that mean there is no way to retrofit the steel post to the original seat? Does the steel post attach to the back of the seat somewhere?

My seat is in very good condition, and the preferred choice would be to keep my seat and get the armrest put on there. Please indulge :) thanks!

·
Registered
1978 450SEL (116.033)
10 Posts
Hi! Sorry for the delayed answer, but I haven't been here lately.
I have a black leather in fair shape. If you're interested, it's your for shipping cost ONLY
from Arizona to you. 'll send pics if you're interested.
I have a '78 450SEL that is in rstoration stall mode(lack of fundage). This armrest was an extra I got with the car. Have no need and am housecleaning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts