Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a 76 W115 300D that came from AZ, so the interior is pretty much shot from all the sun. Since they didn't make that many 300D's in this chassis, it's been hard for me to find some body and interior parts at dismantlers and online. Can anyone tell me if the 240 and 300 W115's had the exact same bodies and/ or interiors, or are there differences? Is there much that is compatible between the two cars?

Also - what about a W116 280S from the same year? There is one for sale near me for $500 because it doesn't run, but the ad says the interior is immaculate and the same color as mine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
The 240D and 300D interiors are mostly interchangeable. The 240D has the gorilla knob for starting and a salt shaker glower on the dashboard, the 300D does not have that. The 240D might not have a climate control and electric windows.

The W116 is more difficult, the rear seat bench is too wide for the W115. Front seats need modifications. Maybe some small things can be used, but don't get your hopes up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 240D and 300D interiors are mostly interchangeable. The 240D has the gorilla knob for starting and a salt shaker glower on the dashboard, the 300D does not have that. The 240D might not have a climate control and electric windows.

The W116 is more difficult, the rear seat bench is too wide for the W115. Front seats need modifications. Maybe some small things can be used, but don't get your hopes up.
Thank you so much! That is the exact advice I was looking for. I think I will expand my search to 240's, but leave out the W116's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts