Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Screws under the black plastic cover behind the door handle. You can pry the black cover out w a small flathead screwdriver. Arm rest screws. carefully lift door pocket up then pull out( plastic tabs break very easy).

So glad I have crank windows.

How is the v8 swap going?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Screws under the black plastic cover behind the door handle. You can pry the black cover out w a small flathead screwdriver. Arm rest screws. carefully lift door pocket up then pull out( plastic tabs break very easy).

So glad I have crank windows.

How is the v8 swap going?
Thanks, that worked like a charm :thumbsup:

Re swap: New Years day is half price day at my local scrappie, so going to go and pull a complete Ford 5.0 with auto trans on that day. If my luck holds there'll be a V8 W108/9 there so I can get the rear end too.

I've finished relocating the battery (more room underhood), working on the brakes now (front will get rebuilt bigger caliper/vented rotor from the V8), new master, all new hoses (already did that).

I'm taking care of all the little stuff so I can focus on the engine trans mount when I get the engine.

Thanks once again.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Re swap: New Years day is half price day at my local scrappie, so going to go and pull a complete Ford 5.0 with auto trans on that day. .
Saaweeeet! I'd recommend you get an overdrive'd tranny too (lesson learned from a swap my dad did).

Make sure you take and post pics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts