1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1972 280SE 4.5
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:surrender:
Help :

I have been trying to find a replacement for my 280 SE 4.5 dash. All I could find on the Net is a plastic cover to put over the original one. There's no way I am going to do this. I just got this car as a present and I want tho get it as close to the original condition as I can. My Dash is broken I wish I could find a refurbished one or maybe even an original.
Can anyone help?

By the way the car is brown with dark tan interiors. Almost pumpkin color...

Thanks
XNUM27

·
Registered
73 280SE 4.5, 71 300SEL, 03 BMW Z4, 72 Fiat 850, 80 Triumph TR7, 85 Porsche 911
2,280 Posts
Search this forum - I recall a thread about the same thing, from a few years back. Complete new dash replacements are (were) about $400.

I did the plastic dash cap thing a few years ago and it came out looking perfect. It might be a good way to go for you ...

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Dash

Where are you located? There are still a few of these around in junkyards if you want to spend the time.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,428 Posts
Dash caps aren't so bad, but you'll always know... If you find a good dash, don't worry about the color, you can always paint it...

·
Registered
1998 S210 E320 black/mushroom, 1984 R107 500SL #3904 black/black
58 Posts
:surrender:
Help :

I have been trying to find a replacement for my 280 SE 4.5 dash. All I could find on the Net is a plastic cover to put over the original one. There's no way I am going to do this. I just got this car as a present and I want tho get it as close to the original condition as I can. My Dash is broken I wish I could find a refurbished one or maybe even an original.
Can anyone help?

By the way the car is brown with dark tan interiors. Almost pumpkin color...

Thanks
XNUM27
Why not take the time to completely fill out your profile?

If you do this then we will be able to help you find what you are looking for. Also include the VIN. Then someone on the forum can provide you with the exact MB interior color code for your 280SE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts