Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help,there are a hundred diagnostic tools out there but can anyone recommend a diagnostic reader that
will read and reset ABS, ASR, ESP, ETS SBC Brake Control Module or as many functions as possible haha for a 2002 w210,.it's confusing. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help,there are a hundred diagnostic tools out there but can anyone recommend a diagnostic reader that
will read and reset ABS, ASR, ESP, ETS SBC Brake Control Module or as many functions as possible haha for a 2002 w210,.it's confusing. Any help will be appreciated thanks.
  • Yes i just got foxwell 510 elite for mercedes plus the foxwell 38 pin adapter cord. About $200 for both. 50 bucks might seem like a lot for the adapter. I thought so. But generic ones available online are garbage as far as i know. The one i bought had only 3 of the 16 pins wired. This scanner reads/clears just about everything i think . also will do live data graphing and testing of some components. I was skeptical, but it is pretty impressive. The instructions blow. I think it is because you can program this scanner for various manufacturers (for an additional 60 bucks a whack). So they had to keep instructions kinda generic. This scanner will read obd2 engine codes on most any car, but it is the mercedes specific stuff that sets it apart. Foxwell 510 elite and 520 will work. And are similar in price. Not sure about 530.

·
Registered
3 Posts
  • Yes i just got foxwell 510 elite for mercedes plus the foxwell 38 pin adapter cord. About $200 for both. 50 bucks might seem like a lot for the adapter. I thought so. But generic ones available online are garbage as far as i know. The one i bought had only 3 of the 16 pins wired. This scanner reads/clears just about everything i think . also will do live data graphing and testing of some components. I was skeptical, but it is pretty impressive. The instructions blow. I think it is because you can program this scanner for various manufacturers (for an additional 60 bucks a whack). So they had to keep instructions kinda generic. This scanner will read obd2 engine codes on most any car, but it is the mercedes specific stuff that sets it apart. Foxwell 510 elite and 520 will work. And are similar in price. Not sure about 530.
You May not need the 38 pin adapter since yours is 2002 model. I have 2000 e430 4matic which had both 16 pin obdii under dash and 38 pin in engine compartment. Under dash only gives generic engine codes on my car. 38 pin gives a wealth of info

·
Registered
1998 E320s sedan and wagon
970 Posts
Does the Foxwell 510 work with MB 210s? I heard you need the 520 for compatibility with MB systems beyond powertrain.

Sixto
98 E320 wagon 197K miles

·
Registered
1998 W210 E280
176 Posts
LOL. Hi Mr B. No I haven't yet. That doesn't mean it won't work on his :) And I can't get anyone to help me try and sort it out. So pls, if you can guide me on this one, I would appreciate it. Alot

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,186 Posts
I told you. If NONE of the modules are accessible, you either have a power problem on the diagnostic connector or grounding problem somewhere. You already checked that the pin 3 or whatever has power. There may be ground reference differences between the diagnostic port ground and the grounds of the modules. The best way to find out is with a scope connected to the diagnostic port K-signaling line and the ground, first at the diagnostic port, then the module (ECU for example).

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,318 Posts
We have a member here who used MaxiEcu for swapping W210 engine into W124. The scanner did all the adaptations for him. Maybe he will come here to add more infor, but try to do a search.

·
Registered
2002 E320
26 Posts
Does anyone have recent experience with Car Soft Mercedes V12? It looks like it does indeed cover the systems in a W210 and W211 vehicle as well as some of the later W124's built in the 90's. I have downloaded and read the documentation but have not had hands on access. Price seems reasonable for what they offer. I have read the comments on this forum and others for the pirated icarsoft product which I have no interest in. My main interest in E class and ML.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,318 Posts
If you purchase it on Amazon, you have hassle-free returns.
I did that when I was comparing 2 scanners couple years ago when no reviews were available.
I emailed iCarosft TS asking if the scanner will cover W212 and after couple of days got answer "it'll work"
It did not.
Bottom line, at this point we have to get experience the hard way.

·
Registered
2002 E320
26 Posts
Yes this is true. Your post regarding icarsoft was one of the ones I had noted before. Thank you for the response.

·
Registered
2005 B180 CDI CVT
83 Posts
Does anyone have recent experience with Car Soft Mercedes V12? It looks like it does indeed cover the systems in a W210 and W211 vehicle as well as some of the later W124's built in the 90's. I have downloaded and read the documentation but have not had hands on access. Price seems reasonable for what they offer. I have read the comments on this forum and others for the pirated icarsoft product which I have no interest in. My main interest in E class and ML.
I have an iCarsoft MB v2.0 and it scanned all the modules on my friends W213 E220d. The only drawback with these code readers is that it won't list the faults of the control units in a summary. You have to individually read every control unit to determine the fault (or not) and this is PITA if you have 25+ control units for the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
'97 CL600
2,895 Posts
Yes this is true. Your post regarding icarsoft was one of the ones I had noted before. Thank you for the response.
This might be the place to mention that icarsoft is made of Chinesium. I NEVER buy things made of Chinesium.
Anziani

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,189 Posts
Autel MD802 along with its proper 38pin adapter for the older MBs
As well, Foxwell NT644 Pro and its 38pin.
Use both for years 1997-2005+ on various MB models and the other imports.
They read everything I need to know.

·
Registered
2010 W164 ML350 4Matic
9 Posts
iCarsoft 980i is the way to go. this model is Mercedes specific can read all systems/modules and do resets where applicable and it's only about $120 or so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use a iC
I use a iCarsoft on my 1996 E320. Did not work at first. Went to their download web site, down loaded latest version, it now tests every thing and resets.

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,186 Posts
I use a iC

I use a iCarsoft on my 1996 E320. Did not work at first. Went to their download web site, down loaded latest version, it now tests every thing and resets.
Through the 38 pin diagnostic port ? The scanner does not come with the specific adapter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts