Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would gather opinions since the photos I have seen aren't inspiring me to place an order for one. <br>
<br>
I think beneath the skin it is much improved but the body is larger.<br>
<br>
Your comments are welcome. <br>
<br>
Happy motoring.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
Orion

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Picking up new CLK 430 Cabrio on Saturday

I'm getting my first Mercedes on Saturday. And I am concerned that I do not overlook something while I am at the dealership; it's two hours away. I don't have much spare time so I want to anticipate and avoid any typical problems. I lack the experience so I would appreciate your suggestions. I ordered the Designo Package, the Command System, trunk CD changer, and a car cover. <br> <br> Thank you,<br> Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Checklist gathered from various sources..

- Take delivery in daylight, preferably when it is not raining.<br> - Spend at least an hour taking the delivery. <br> - Don't hesitate to complain about anything. <br> - Take a tire pressure guage with you. <br> - Take some CDs with you if you have opted for the CD changer. <br> - View paint work straight on & at an angle for blemishes or inconsistent color. <br> - With your bare hands touch and run your hands over all paintwork. <br> - Check all tires and alloys for chips or damage or nails. <br> - Make sure tread is correct way on all wheels. <br> - Check the tires for sidewall lumps. <br> - Open all doors, windows and the trunk.<br> - Check all fluid levels. <br> - Check that you have the proper floor mats. <br> - Make sure you get the manual and all keys. <br> - Make sure the emergency medical kit is there. <br> - Check all switches and correct functioning of equipment. <br> - Check all lights and the alarm. <br> - Check windows and roof operation.<br> - Drive it around for a little while and listen for rattles.<br> - Take the car for a test drive and check for correct gear change and any steering pull. <br> - Ask for freebies like wheel locks, car cover, etc. <br> - Buy a touch up paint kit now rather than later and leave it in your glove box. <br> - Check the inflation of the tires.<br> - Check tools, jack, pump, & tire repair kit. <br> - radio code card.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Checklist gathered from various sources..

Apparently I did not also know how to start my own thread. Thank you for the checklist. I'll have it in hand.<br> <br> Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Great list! Additionally, call your salesperson now

and request a detailed briefing of the COMMAND system by a knowledgable technician. <br>
<br>
You'll love this system; get a good briefing/live demo on ALL features: Settings, DATA entry, delete, finding points of interest, etc. It takes about one hour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts