Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
E430
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have added a Kenwood video head unit with navigation to my 2000 E430. I have taken it to several radio installation shops and no one can locate the VSS wire for the navigation system. They are telling me that I need a canbus adapter to convert the signal from digital to analog. Can anyone tell me where the VSS wire is located and if a canbus adapter is the solution. This adapter is $200 and I don't want to spend that if I don't have to.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
twmcmurry - 5/3/2005 12:51 AM

I have added a Kenwood video head unit with navigation to my 2000 E430. I have taken it to several radio installation shops and no one can locate the VSS wire for the navigation system. They are telling me that I need a canbus adapter to convert the signal from digital to analog. Can anyone tell me where the VSS wire is located and if a canbus adapter is the solution. This adapter is $200 and I don't want to spend that if I don't have to.
VSS wire is in the passenger door sill. My friends one was already out of the door sill and neatly folded over the ouside and tucked behind. Very easy to find. Not far from the kick panel.

As for the canbus converter, it depends on whether you need illumination to work on not and if it is working fine.

It is a green black wire with tape on the end (in most cases) and it has a friend nearby that is green white (reversing signal).

When I had this problem I actually thought the green black was going somewhere else. Since it was seemingly going under the cable tray.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts