Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2002 CLK 430 and it came w/ voice control. The car is being delivered next week, but I was wondering, can someone exlaping voice control to me (exactly what it can do and how to set it up and use it)<br> thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,<br>
<br>
I have voice control with my 02'E55 and it is a very useful option. You can control most of the CD-changer, radio and phone functions by verbal command. You don't have to teach the system. The only time you have to program the system is when you set up the phonebook. You have to teach the the system to recognize you voice pattern for numbers and names. This is to allow hand-free speed dial with names and by numbers. The only problem is if you set the system with you voice, your spouse or boy/girlfriend(s) voice will not work. I was told by the dealer to overcome this I will need to have both my wife and my voices together during the recording. <br>
<br>
To activate the voice control you will need to pull the stalk on the right side of the steer wheel. The radio will mute and allow you to speak to the voice control. The voice control will not do much for the in-car navigation. It will only activate it and nothing else. If you don't have CD-changer or the phone then I don't think this option is useful to you.<br>
<br>
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts