Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this car used and in the process of ordering manuals. It has the COMMAND System but no integrated phone - it looks like there may have been a phone originally so im trying to figure out whether or not it did since my car has the voice control lever on the steering column or do all COMMAND systems have this lever. Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, voice control is an option

Voice control is an option to purchase when order the car or can be install after the car is delivered. Mercedes phone does not come standard with the COMAND navigation and it is a $1500 option. Or it can purchase as a package with CD-changer, voice control and phone for roughly over $2000. COMAND navigation is a stand alone option worth about $2000 also. Do you have the phone cradle in the middle storage compartment? If you don't then no phone was installed.<br> <br> John

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: No, voice control is an option

The first owner took the phone/cradle/cable - im not sure if he took anything else though. So I want to just be able to buy the handset (which i know i can), cradle and cable (not sure if i can) separately. I don't need as far as i can tell the rest of the stuff in the 'installation kit'.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: No, voice control is an option

Sounds like the previous owner striped the timeport or V60 phone kit. If this is the case, you will need the whole phone kit. You should bring the car back to the dealer have it check out and determine what is missing. The previous owner had to take all the required parts out so he/she can reinstall it in other car. Ask you dealer tech and he can tell you what you have in a heart beat. Good luck.<br> <br> John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts