Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
S500 & SL560
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used S500 with the COMAND 2.5 system installed. Unfortunately I can't find reference in any of the manuals as to how this system may be accessed via voice.

I have figured out every function (I believe) by making use of the help command - except for one really simple one: I am unable to switch to CD. I can use "Radio", "Tape" and "Navigation" to switch between the other functions, but it doesn't like "CD", "Compact Disc", "CD Player" or "CD Changer". The response I get is either "Please repeat", "Phone book is empty" or "Device not present".

The CD Changer is, of course, present and can be conrolled via voice once it is selected. My problem is in selecting it when I'm currently listening to the radio. Any tips? Perhaps someone knows which manual I should look for to find this information.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

·
Registered
ML500
140 Posts
Your COMAND unit probably needs a software upgrade - dealer should be able to do it.

Your COMAND unit probably needs a software upgrade - dealer should be able to do it.

It could also be that your voice recognition unit is old and didnt support the "CD" command

(The voice command is "CD" or "CD 3", then you can change track with "track 2")
(worth getting someone else to try it incase it doesnt like your voice)

R

·
Registered
S500 & SL560
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Richard.

Thanks for your comments, Richard. I'm a Brit living in the US, so I wondered if it could be my accent. However, all the other commands are very easily recognised and I have had other folks try for me with no success.

I am able to switch between CDs using "CD 3", "CD5", etc. and can select tracks and so on - the problem is in switching functions from radio or tape back to CD. I don't think I've tried asking it to switch by specifying a CD, so perhaps I should try "CD 3" and see what happens.

I'll also see about getting a software upgrade. Do you happen to know offhand what the latest software version is? I know how to check my current version, although I don't happen to know the version number that it is currently running with.

Anyway, thanks once again - I'll keep trying.

Cheers,
Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts