Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of July 1st, new much stricter laws in Illinois on cell phone use in autos. The very next day my iottie CD slot phone mount broke. It was ugly anyway. I searched through the posts and found a reference to Wireless air card.com for the Bluetooth module. Bill is very helpful, had one left so I bought it, even though it is substantially more money than the clip on mounts. Plugged it in, paired up just as instructions say, and it works great. My address book is in as well. Answer and hang up on steering wheel woks as supposed to. Bill asked if I had the stalk on the right side of the steering column, I do, and he told me my car has Voice Command. Read all I could trying to figure out how to make it work. No joy.

I have a 2008 Mercedes SL550. When I pull the stalk toward me I get no beep at all, nor any changes on screen or dash. Nothing when I push away either. When I go to 'SERV', VC Tips I get 'Help' and 'Individualization'. Press 'Help' and get 'Activation' and 'Deactivation'. Click Activation and the press 'OK'. Go to Individualization and I get 'Start New Individualization'. Then nothing. It just sits on that screen. No prompts, no change. Press OK, press the arrows, move the stick, nothing happens. There is a reset button on one of the screens, but I don't know what "all my data" means, so I didn't press it.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong, or how to solve this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still no joy. Is there something that needs to be set or turned on besides the 'Activation' setting?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,703 Posts
There is nothing you need to do to activate voice control. You may have a bad stalk. With the right diagnostic too, (i.e. SDS) you can test it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It may well be a generational thing, I'm old and I don't trust 'google' a whole lot. I just bought a smart phone last year reluctantly giving up my flip phone! I became very skeptical, and somewhat fearful, when my Android phone threw all the google apps at me. So I've never activated google voice. Yeah, I know, it's likely silly. Would the google voice app/program work with the phone in my pocket through the car's Bluetooth?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
JoeyB
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing