Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 E350, 212.059, Avantgarde, Engine: 276.952, Gearbox 722.906
524 Posts
I recently added VC to my '05 W211, but have yet to get it to work. I took it to dealer a couple of days ago to Version Code, but they could not, even though they did could not come up with any code. I had picked up a VC module for cheap, and I'm thinking it could be the culprit, and if I change it, that could solve my problem. They're not expensive and are all over the place. But, I am also questioning if I did the wiring correctly, coz I had to hook up the VC module with a newly obtained fiber optic wiring cable.

In your case, it's very possible your VC module is shot, since car already had that capability, so I'd venture to get a used module for $25-$35, which would be cheaper than taking it to the stealer to troubleshoot. I have the PDF on how to install this.

·
Registered
2013 E350, 212.059, Avantgarde, Engine: 276.952, Gearbox 722.906
524 Posts
The VC Module part number for facelift W211 is: 2048202085.

I am unable to post the installation PDF here as it's a little larger than what this forum allows. I just found out PDF is for MY's '05-'06, so not sure if it would work for you, but if you PM me an email address, I'll be more than happy to forward it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.